Thread: Help with rtt??

Help with rtt??

I thought I had followed the directions but when it starts to write the ecm when it gets to preparing vcm it says failed.........what am I doing wrong??Is there a way to just start over fresh without causing any harm?

Thxs..

I got it just a stupid misatke on my part!!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I love it when a plan comes together lol

heres a how to on applying RTT http://www.thetuningdoctor.com/HPTun...pplication.swf
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by firebird380hp
    I got it just a stupid misatke on my part!!!
    What was the mistake ....... maybe you can save the some of us from the same.

DH

2004 MSG A4

Appearance: Billet Plate&Sill/SS Insert/Screens/Blackout/Lowered/CCW SP500

Perfomance: 416 CI/228-232@114/AFR 225/FAST/LS2 TB/36#Injectors/Honker/RPM(IV)/Vig2400/Z06 Ti/Kooks/3.42 Gear/Hotchkis/Bilstein/Z06 Springs/Eradispeed/Hawk HP+/Trans Cooler/B&M Trans Pan/RonDavies with EOC/Nitto R2's/AMWcan/Rocker Rails/Frame Savers

Mods & Tune: A&A Corvette

??? RWHP / ??? RWTQ
    1/4 mile: mid 11's ??
    WSIR 1:37.68

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    he may have been doing a write calibration only rather than a full write, thats the only thing i could think of that was going wrong with that part of it. If you just follow my demo you really can't screw anything up

no after the full write I opened another of my files for my car and tried full write did'nt work all you need is the write cal. only that is after the full.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    can you be a little more specific? if you loaded RTT with a full write and then tried to do a full write with another file it shouldve worked...no matter how little you think it is if its a problem on our end we'd like to fix it asap. Posting the first file you did a write entire & the other file you tried would be a great start

Attachment 3345Attachment 3344this file was the full write.............and the file I wanted to use was the second one.........I don't want to mislead anyone but with the second file all I did was enable rtt and then only a write cal............ and crank the car and rtt was working great at idle.I done so many different things and could'nt get anything but failed when it got to preparing vcm ....just unhooked everything and just started over and then time everything was fine.......if I had to guess when I felt my hptuner it was very warm....but when I treid everything again it was fine.
    Last edited by firebird380hp; 07-04-2007 at 02:25 PM.