Thread: 2019 Mustang GT w GT350 TB Auto : accel. after downshit and possibly lack of power

Tuner in Training

2019 Mustang GT w GT350 TB Auto : accel. after downshit and possibly lack of power

Hi everybody,
    somebody install intake and GT350 TB on his 2019 Mustang GT before think about tune the car,
    i have try to tune for GT350 TB with advice on a post here (driver demand, predicted throttle angle, effective area),
    and now, i see 2 issues :

1st, often, in full auto mode, when downshift (when mph is low enough to i imagine), the car accelerate (never drive or see the car before, and never tune or drive a coyote before)... does i make mistake ?

2nd, i made a 0 to 60 mph, and insteed #4.2s, i calc 5.9s (again, not able to do a 0 to 60 with stock parts and tune)

I add tune in attachement

Best regard for any help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontov View Post
    Hi everybody,
    somebody install intake and GT350 TB on his 2019 Mustang GT before think about tune the car,
    i have try to tune for GT350 TB with advice on a post here (driver demand, predicted throttle angle, effective area),
    and now, i see 2 issues :

1st, often, in full auto mode, when downshift (when mph is low enough to i imagine), the car accelerate (never drive or see the car before, and never tune or drive a coyote before)... does i make mistake ?

2nd, i made a 0 to 60 mph, and insteed #4.2s, i calc 5.9s (again, not able to do a 0 to 60 with stock parts and tune)

I add tune in attachement

Best regard for any help
    took a quick look at your file, the throttle body is in correct for GT350 TB.

First of all you can't make GT350 TB work properly with 3 gen PCM - you need TPS converter as position sensors in 3 gen are different.
    You would want to grab a TPS converter or get a 2020+ Bullitt throttle body.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    First of all you can't make GT350 TB work properly with 3 gen PCM - you need TPS converter as position sensors in 3 gen are different.
    You would want to grab a TPS converter or get a 2020+ Bullitt throttle body.
    As you can see here, the kit installed (w/o calibration stuff, cause they ask me for help) don't speak about TPS convertion

Tuner in Training
    i tried to manage some number between some sheet as some as not indexed the same (i.e 500 / 750 / 1000 rpm and the other 400 / 600 / 800 / 1000...) so perhaps i made mistake...