Thread: Gen1 Coyote Idle lambda

Tuner in Training

Question Gen1 Coyote Idle lambda

Gen1 Coyote setup... Have some cams in the car / VCT disabled. Valve overlap (exhaust reversion) keeps my IATs on the hot side (150+) at low rpm/idle. Especially during the summer months. Not a huge deal, I never beat on it when driving around town.

I'd like to fatten it up a bit at idle. I've already added 8% fuel to my MAF in the desired period(s). And that works... But I notice my LTFTs are compensating.

What are my options? I know some tuners disable LTFTs all together and leave them disabled, but I'd like to keep them active if possible.

Is there a way to adjust target lambda at idle only?

Is there a way to disable LTFTs at idle only? - I checked out LTFT > Min Learn Limit, but setting that to like .37 load would conflict with LTFT enable during highway cruise load.

What is the normal method that I should be looking to use?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Screamin'04; 07-06-2022 at 08:24 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    if the MAF was dialed in already then you could have changed the individual cylinders to run richer, or commanded that 8% in the base fuel table. the Computer will compensate.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mstang_man View Post
    if the MAF was dialed in already then you could have changed the individual cylinders to run richer, or commanded that 8% in the base fuel table. the Computer will compensate.
    Thanks for responding!

The MAF was dialed in perfectly ... I added the 8% in an effort to adjust the fueling at idle.

That being said, I can revert the MAF and look into what you've suggested. Which tables are you referring to?

Fuel mass multiplier or fuel base cold first row up to desired temperature

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GSLSE20B View Post
    Fuel mass multiplier or fuel base cold first row up to desired temperature
    Either will work, Fuel Mass multiplier does all individual cylinders one shoot Base fuel you have to do row up to the desired temp..

Tuner in Training
    Thanks guys... I'll mess with the Fuel Mass Multiplier as I can target both RPM and Load.