Thread: KR with minimal advance, help kindly requested

Potential Tuner

KR with minimal advance, help kindly requested

Hi all,

Ive been using HPT for about 5 years now, never able to post because of some strange glitch in the system. Ive aways searched the forums and have learned a BUNCH just by reading. I really would like some assistance with my freshly homebuilt Turbo 03 Z06.

Ive attached my current tune, and two scans. The “tooadvanced” scan was a modified version of my current tune, where I added a little more timing at wot. I know its running a little rich, but really, tickling the knock sensor with such little timing? If anything, Im assuming its due to the CR of this engine (I believe around 10.8:1 static) Its a work in progress and really would like
    Some advice on how to refine my timing and VE tables.

***car has only been running for a week, tune is scaled around 50 percent**

Stock motor LS6, heads never been off
    3 bar SD tune, Deka 80s and a walbro 525
    Treadstone FMIC, china 7875
    VSR 50mm BOV and 44mm gate, 7psi spring no controller. Will see 10psi up top.
    *93 only*

I believe I have most nannies disabled currently for tuning purposes, I really would just like to get some input on my timing/VE. Work in progress but I want to do it right. Stock pistons do not like KR. Lol. Burst knock turned off.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 2003z06; 07-10-2022 at 07:16 PM.

Did you scale the tune for the injectors? And is all the injector data correct for whatever fuel pressure you are running?

This computer allows for very large injectors, so technically that is not needed. I know people do it for the spark table but it's kind of a waste if you ask me.

Burst knock is still on in that tune file. You'd want to table set to 8.000 if you basically want it off.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the response. To be 100 percent honest, I dont know. I ripped injector data from a tune on Sloppys Wiki, and scaled it based off what he had in for these injectors. Seems to run OK, besides not being able to lean it out at idle/decel (tried transient fueling reduction, made it run like crap). Modifying injector data is not one of my stronger suits.

I will adjust for burst knock, thanks! Youre exactly right, only scaled for the timing table. Nonscaled, I was off the map by a few rows, didn’t think that would be good for spark reference? Lol.

I'd try to get the right injector data before anything.

I highly dislike the sloppy wiki stuff because all of his stuff is so specific to what he was tuning and if someone doesn't realize that it's scaled, then the whole tune is wrong.

The injector flow rate data in your tune is scaled by atleast 50% and that's why your VE numbers are so small compared to a stock tune file. I don't have any Deka injector data so it's tough to say if the rest of the data is right.

Also with that large of a fuel pump are you using an external fuel pressure regulator?

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    From what it seems, the tunes on his wiki are individuals willing to post them, and the one I ripped was scaled for the correct size injector, according to the “lb/hr” row. Finding data for these widely sold injectors was extremely difficult, surprisingly. Agree with you though, just hard to find the data.

Still running stock internal regulator, will end up running a return style in the future (want to run e85), dont think this reg will do the job. Not too worried about the values themselves, but how my graphs actually look. I know I have alot of blending to do still, wanted to make sure I was on the right path. the low timing/KR correlation had me slightly concerned too
    Last edited by 2003z06; 07-10-2022 at 08:49 PM.

That is a huge pump for a stock corvette filter regulator to handle. I'd really want to know what the actual fuel pressure is.

If it's blowing past 58psi, you got a problem on your hands there as well.

Potential Tuner
    Full disclosure - it actually drops off at WOT. 60-62 static, mid 50s to high 40s at the very top of gear. Made sure there was no leaks, all checks out. New reg/filter too.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Squirrel, I think I may have come across that, but I wasnt able to download files at the time. Ill take a peek.