Thread: 2012 Camaro LS3 Standalone Fuel System FPCM Delete

Tuner in Training

2012 Camaro LS3 Standalone Fuel System FPCM Delete

Hey guys,

I have added a 2 Gallon fuel cell with DASH fuel lines and a holley Dominator inline fuel Pump and a fuel pressure regulator to my drag race Camaro.

I deleted the FPCM and want to use an aftermarket fuel pressure sensor in the fuel pressure regulator wired to the OE pins of the E38 ECU.

What sensor will work the best?

Best regards and thanks in advance
    Bj?rn

Tuner in Training
    Hello again,

I just found out, that I can't wire a fuel pressure sensor to the ECM, but I also found out, that I don't need the FPCM at all and can work with the mechanical fuel pressure regulator.

Any suggestions to change in the tune for this setup?

Best regards and many thanks in advance
    Bjoern

Senior Tuner
    if u have a fuel pressure sensor from factory then just use that as it will need to know the fuel pressure for the delta even without the fpcm working, otherwise it will default to a pressure and cause another workaround, usually set the fpcm so it is still there reading pressure but not actually trying to adjust pressure

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    if u have a fuel pressure sensor from factory then just use that as it will need to know the fuel pressure for the delta even without the fpcm working, otherwise it will default to a pressure and cause another workaround, usually set the fpcm so it is still there reading pressure but not actually trying to adjust pressure
    But I can't send the data from the fuel pressure sensor directly into the ECU 🙈 the FPCM is already out of the car.

And I read in the manual of my previous Lingenfelter Twin Fuel Pump, that they have a version with a mechanical fuel pressure regulator, eliminating the FPCM completely, but no further informationbis given 🤷🏼*♂️

Senior Tuner
    yea if u keep the fuel sensor but disable the fpcm u can use a mechanical reg, but if u have got rid of all the fpcm then u have to see what fuel pressure it shows without the sensor and setup the injector data based on that delta which is ok if u use the mechanical reg referenced to manifold pressure then its just all the one value for the columns and IFR so easy fix unless the ecu dosnt like not having the fpcm im not sure on that side of it

Tuner in Training
    What tables exactly have to be modified?

Senior Tuner
    IFR flat lined, and what ever dtc pop up for FPCM. Also set FPCM fitted to no.

Tuner in Training
    Could anybody help me with my tune to get the car running like before? Did I do all changes for the vaccum/boost referenced return style fuel system correctly? I din't do any changes to my eninge and supercharger setup (2012 LS3 & Vortech V3Si with sotck 3.80" pulley)

I will not be able to do datalogs on the street or a dyno! The tune I have is fine and worked very well for the past years.

Old fuel system:

Lingenfelter Twin Fuel Pump in stock fuel tank with FPCM and Vortech 65lb/hr fuel injectors @ 58 psi fuel pressure.

New fuel system:

130gph Earl's (Holley) Dominator Fuel Pump
    Earl's Dominator Fuel Pressure Regulator with 43.5 base fuel pressure
    80lb/hr fuel injectors @ 43.5 psi fuel pressure
    Holley Sniper EFI fuel rails
    2 Gallon JAZ racing fuel cell

Lucille_Clockwork-Tune-NEW.hpt

Thank you in advance and best regards
    Bjoern