Thread: drive by cable tuning need help dbw dbc

Tuner in Training

drive by cable tuning need help dbw dbc

my build is a 6.0l lq9 from a escalade with red and blue ecu.
    I'm running-
    psi conversions engine harness
    single turbo
    t56 tran
    camero intake with cable throttle body (DBC)
    65lb injectors
    maf delete

my issue is i had a base tune done car runs and idle roughly i have no throttle response at all when the car is running.my tuners unavailable to correct the issue right now so i would like to do it myself.i need help on how to change this setting.what do i need to do?
    Last edited by beemerfreak; 11-01-2018 at 04:12 PM.

Can't help you without a tune file.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    uploaded one
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    i think i have heard before that you just change the etc system value from 1 to 0 to tell the ecu etc isn't installed.
    system>general>system options>etc column change the 1 to a 0

Then you would have to dial in braf and fueling to suite the new change which may require setting throttle blade to lower iac counts and adjust tps position to get idle value between .48 and .52 volts. max wot no higher than 4.68 volts
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    i think i have heard before that you just change the etc system value from 1 to 0 to tell the ecu etc isn't installed.

Then you would have to dial in braf and fueling to suite the new change which may require setting throttle blade to lower iac counts and adjust tps position to get idle value between .48 and .52 volts. max wot no higher than 4.68 volts
    I believe you to be correct.
    Down where it says ETC and there is a 1 next to GMT800 your gonna want to put a 0.
    If your running the DBC set up and your still using a DBW tune its gonna run all sorts of crazy.

If u want to feel extra safe you could 0 out all the ETC tables also

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post

thank you for your help il give it a try

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by anniversaryss View Post
    I believe you to be correct.
    Down where it says ETC and there is a 1 next to GMT800 your gonna want to put a 0.
    If your running the DBC set up and your still using a DBW tune its gonna run all sorts of crazy.

If u want to feel extra safe you could 0 out all the ETC tables also
    I did what you and cobaltssoverbooster suggested the board was all 0 except gmt800 so I changed that whole line to 0. you said if I run a dmw tune the car will run all crazy how do I change it to a tune that is dbc what operating system do I need

Advanced Tuner
    Your OS will run either DBC or DBW iirc when I looked at your tune.
    Once you put 0 I'm the ETC area your car should be running the DBC tune. Now u just need to tune and get the car going..

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by anniversaryss View Post
    Your OS will run either DBC or DBW iirc when I looked at your tune.
    Once you put 0 I'm the ETC area your car should be running the DBC tune. Now u just need to tune and get the car going..
    Cool thank you for the help I'll let you know how i make out

Hey beemerfreak what PCM are you running and from what year? There are some PCMs that have a driver in them to run the IAC for a cable throttle and some that do not. If it was originally a DBW PCM you won't be able to run a cable throttle without the IAC driver in the PCM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 85K5Jake View Post
    Hey beemerfreak what PCM are you running and from what year? There are some PCMs that have a driver in them to run the IAC for a cable throttle and some that do not. If it was originally a DBW PCM you won't be able to run a cable throttle without the IAC driver in the PCM.
    Not sure what my pcm number is i dont have it near me right now

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by beemerfreak View Post
    my build is a 6.0l lq9 from a escalade with red and blue ecu.
    I'm running-
    psi conversions engine harness
    single turbo
    t56 tran
    camero intake with cable throttle body (DBC)
    65lb injectors
    maf delete

my issue is i had a base tune done car runs and idle roughly i have no throttle response at all when the car is running.my tuners unavailable to correct the issue right now so i would like to do it myself.i need help on how to change this setting.what do i need to do?
    Does anybody have a drive by cable tune similar to what im trying to do so i can compare it to mine and get i close to what i need to get this thing running and idling right

I got a lq9/nv4500 tune you can check out if you like I can post it up tomorrow when I'm home. Nv4500 is a 5 speed. It's a dbc maf delete 44 lbs injectors.

Tuner in Training
    I got a lq9/nv4500 tune you can check out if you like I can post it up tomorrow when I'm home. Nv4500 is a 5 speed. It's a dbc maf delete 44 lbs injectors.
    Yea please would be very helpfully because I know 0 about tunning and still have alot to learn

here it is sorry been busy at work
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    ohh no prob thank you ..lets see if I can figure this out

Tuner in Training
    Thanks you .. I found a big differences in the air flow table and throttle pedel. Did a few changes runing rich but got her to idle decently and have a throttle response.. anybody do any dyno tuning on long island

Tuner in Training
    Hi i have a lm7 dbc engine fresh rebuild..i have a tsp stage 1 cam end headers on it ..o2 senrsor work end go to closed loop..maf seem that didn't work..say all time 1.6g end 350hz..any body can help?

Quote Originally Posted by Cj51960 View Post
    Hi i have a lm7 dbc engine fresh rebuild..i have a tsp stage 1 cam end headers on it ..o2 senrsor work end go to closed loop..maf seem that didn't work..say all time 1.6g end 350hz..any body can help?
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    You didn't even bother to read the 5-year-old thread you tacked your question onto, so...