Thread: How to disable fueling for carburator

Potential Tuner

How to disable fueling for carburator

Hello everyone I was wondering if anyone knew what I would have to disable to get it to run spark only for a carburator I'd imagine disabling all dtc would keep it from going into limp mode would that be enough or would disable fuel tables do anything? I know this is out of the ordinary but i know its possible since I met a guy at the track a few years ago and he was running the factory pcm he said disable everything that was fuel related but of course I don't know what that means I hope someone could point me in the right direction thank you

Senior Tuner
    I guess you could try setting everything in the Injector Control General to 0. Hovering over the buttons 0 is a valid entry. I've never done it but it is what I would try first. Then see what DTCs set. A little more information on the vehicle/engine/trans/mods would be helpful.

Senior Tuner
    On second thought, 0 isn't going to be correct for some of those tables. You would want to max out the IFR table.

Potential Tuner
    Lol tbh with you this was kinda the reason as to why I wanted to do this I don't have time to learn to tune or the interest nor the money to pay someone I just happen to have access to the software and I have the intake and carb is there anyway to just get spark in relation to ect as for the other fueling tables are they zeroed out or maxed out lol regardless I appreciate your help

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    I guess you could try setting everything in the Injector Control General to 0. Hovering over the buttons 0 is a valid entry. I've never done it but it is what I would try first. Then see what DTCs set. A little more information on the vehicle/engine/trans/mods would be helpful.

Can't you just tell him what settings to change so he doesn't have to learn anything?

Advanced Tuner
    I have done it, need to add a TPS, MAP, MAF, IAT and ECT into the mix to provide the best shifting. It can be done maf-less but the line pressure table needs to be upped 10% and its somewhat crude. As for disabling injectors, all I did was disable the fuel trims and codes. I left the VE and MAF tables alone, they are needed to control the line pressure and timing.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast4.7 View Post
    I have done it, need to add a TPS, MAP, MAF, IAT and ECT into the mix to provide the best shifting. It can be done maf-less but the line pressure table needs to be upped 10% and its somewhat crude. As for disabling injectors, all I did was disable the fuel trims and codes. I left the VE and MAF tables alone, they are needed to control the line pressure and timing.
    He hasn't even said what transmission he is using.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    He hasn't even said what transmission he is using.
    I was assuming 4L60E or 4L80E. Otherwise there would be no reason not to just put a programmable MSD controller on it. On the one I did, I was controlling the transmission, the cooling fans, the ac compressor and using the factory speedo output, etc.

Potential Tuner
    Lol exactly I'm sorry I don't wanna come off ass lazy I just want my car to run like right now

Potential Tuner
    I am using a th350 so would that change anything the tps sensor o can grab from an old tbi setup which is no problem but is the tps necessary

Potential Tuner
    I mean the msd has a terrible track record in mynpersonal experience plus like I said If I could fork out the money for it I'd get a crappy local tuner to do it for money of a 6014 besides as it is now I do have ac I do have electric fans I do have a tach that the pcm operates as well as a speedometer so I feel no need to downgrade when I already have the solution all I need is help with the settings

Senior Tuner
    Disable injector codes and leave them unplugged.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Disable injector codes and leave them unplugged.
    Would it hurt anything if I already disabled all dtc? I disabled all of them