Thread: Tune Review L83 Swap T56

Tuner in Training

Tune Review L83 Swap T56

Hi, wrestling back n forth with adjustments and going back to stock tables from time to time. Need to dial in the idle and also would like to know if anything obvious stands out in the log that might explain low power. List of mods below. Fueling went a little off in one of the last calibration uploads, I did reset the LTFT (don't know if that did it).

The project is a 2000 Lexus SC300 with a 2015 Silverado L83 and t56 (no speed sensor currently connected)

- L86 throttle body
    - LT2 manifold
    - heads milled by 0.003 and garage ported
    - its got a cam package from TSP +32 fuel lobe 225/231 112LSA
    - L86 injectors
    - no fpcm, just 450lph pump and corvette filter/regulator
    - e85 sensor but currently disabled as the car ran better without the flex tables dialed in
    - LT1 exhaust manifolds with upstream o2s then 2.5" dual exhaust with x-pipe
    - light weight tilton tripple disk (7.25") clutch/flywheel setup (not sure if this effects anything in the torque idle settings)
    - valve cover breathers and the pcv nipple are currently vented to atmosphere (not sure how big of an error this introduces, the manifold is capped at pcv port)

I'm starting to wonder if its mechanically out of shape or if its just tunning. My goal would be to get it decently running and plan to take it in for a tune at that point.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by shonuff53; 09-20-2022 at 09:09 PM. Reason: add files

Tuner in Training
    seems like the throttle relearn and ltft reset are probably to blame for my new pains. Going back to redoing the MAF then SD tune and go from there.