Thread: E92 T87 -will not read TCM, will not move

Tuner in Training

E92 T87 -will not read TCM, will not move

While broke down, in an attempt to try anything i tried to reload my program. The ECM loaded ok, but said failed when it tried to write to the TCM. Now I'm back home and it doesn't see the tcm and it won't move.

Talked to a local dyno shop and he said to try and write an old tune. It showed the write box for the TCM, but said the E92 serial numbers are different. This is the same computers I've been running. When I tried the same old tune again,the TCM write box was gone.

This has happened to me before. I sent the TCM out to james at customecm.com and he was able to recover it. It only happens when I try to write. it's possible I had low voltage, but are the voltage requirements different for the ECM vs. TCM because it wrote the ECM ok.

Advanced Tuner
    Writing ECUs is inherently destructive operation, as it requires erasing a region of the chip before programming it. While generally reliable, sometimes errors occur. If something goes wrong, particularly during the erase step, the flash can become corrupted, and the ECU is essentially "bricked".