Thread: Highly modified 2003 Tahoe strange problem( pulls power while spinning sideways only)

Highly modified 2003 Tahoe strange problem( pulls power while spinning sideways only)

We tune a lot of Gen 3 trucks and such, but this one is exhibiting a strange issue.

If you start spinning straight it will spin until you let off (or gets deep into 2nd), but if you floor it and start turning, it loses power somewhat and then comes back once straight. Is there some sort of Stabilitrack or TCS we can't see on some? (I do a lot of Gen 3 for dougnuts and such and don't usually see this).

I will attach a log at 2:38 towards the end you can see it do it. Strangely, MAP stays near 100, tPS, stays 100%, but IDC and MAF drop, so something is happening. Open to ideas...

Thank you

version 11.hptwhy injector cuts out.hpl
    Last edited by Snowman1987; 10-24-2022 at 08:11 AM.

Senior Tuner
    It looks to me like IDC is staying high.. but the stock o2's indicate a real lean condition there. Have you put a fuel pressure gauge on it? To me it looks like maybe fuel slosh or a fuel delivery issue.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Update. I believe that to be the case as well. We are getting the truck back soon to confirm.

Thanks Alvin!