Thread: WTF really?

Tuner in Training

WTF really?

Nothing like spending money I dont have for a product that wont work. Then spending money on tunes that I can't write? Man WTF is really going on? MVPI3 and TDN is not working for me.. Been spending several days trying to get this to work.. Maybe need to return this equipment.. Can anyone help i have a 2018 mustang Im trying to write my paid for tunes to. but i get the writer x7X error code every time... been 4 days now.. Support message me every few hours but How im suppose to figure this out when we both lost! I thought this was a reliable company (not saying its not but my experience is jaded) with years of experience. I just want to load my bought tunes up in my car with the new hardware/software i purchased. ARRRRRGGHHH

Senior Tuner
    Buying a tune from a professional who uses the TDN to distribute it to you, and you send them logs back to them only works with RTD devices. No one on these forums can help you (unless they are the professional you bought your tune from or work at HPT). You should be talking to the person you bought the tune from (or read the instructions they sent you) and HPT support if RTD hardware support is needed, they will be the only ones that can help you. Hopefully they help you and aren't just sending you in circles as they point their fingers at the other person.

MPVI2 or 3 is not the same and will not work for what you seem to be tring to do. They can read and write your stock file and modifications made by you, once you apply credits. They can not write a tune from a professional shared via TDN. I hope you actually have an RTD and are just mistakenly calling it an MPVI3 and weren't sold an MPVI3 with out intentions of modify the file yourself.

I have never understood why lethal performance on IG was selling so many MPVI devices, I don't think that many people choose to modify their own file.
    Last edited by murfie; 12-08-2022 at 10:53 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    Buying a tune from a professional who uses the TDN to distribute it to you, and you send them logs back to them only works with RTD devices. No one on these forums can help you (unless they are the professional you bought your tune from or work at HPT). You should be talking to the person you bought the tune from (or read the instructions they sent you) and HPT support if RTD hardware support is needed, they will be the only ones that can help you. Hopefully they help you and aren't just sending you in circles as they point their fingers at the other person.

MPVI2 or 3 is not the same and will not work for what you seem to be tring to do. They can read and write your stock file and modifications made by you, once you apply credits. They can not write a tune from a professional shared via TDN. I hope you actually have an RTD and are just mistakenly calling it an MPVI3 and weren't sold an MPVI3 with out intentions of modify the file yourself.

I have never understood why lethal performance on IG was selling so many MPVI devices, I don't think that many people choose to modify their own file.
    Im trying to load a tune i bought from a professional with TDN and MVPI3. Are you saying MVPI3 will not load a tune from a professional? CAUSE if so you would think HP support would know this?

Senior Tuner
    They know. MPVI is for tuners building tunes. RTD is just a flashing and logging device for their customers.

TDN MPVI.jpg

TDN RTD.jpg

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    replied to your ticket with what I believe should fix your issue. For the record you are using an MPVI3 and most MPVI3 customers are using VCM Editor to flash their vehicle and you didn't mention you were using the TDN app to flash your vehicle which is where some of the confusion came from.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    replied to your ticket with what I believe should fix your issue. For the record you are using an MPVI3 and most MPVI3 customers are using VCM Editor to flash their vehicle and you didn't mention you were using the TDN app to flash your vehicle which is where some of the confusion came from.
    Possibly it was overlooked, I did say MVPI3 and TDN on Dec 7 @ 730am

I feel like we're getting somewhere. It did start to write but froze at 32%. Im going to try and put the stock file.