Thread: anyone tune multiAir motor and the 9 speed trans ?

anyone tune multiAir motor and the 9 speed trans ?

just looking for information on tuning the multiair 2.4 L cars and vans

Advanced Tuner
    Millions of them..

so the Promaster City is readable and writable with HPTuners? how did the 9 speed transmission tune? , fairly straight forward and similar like a GM trans or different?

Advanced Tuner
    Honestly not sure what's available on the promaster via HPT...or why you'd want to tinker with that lol. My sole experience on the platform was at Chrysler...I was lead calibrator for several features on that particular powertrain. Its the same powertrain as the UF, MP, BU, KL...pretty popular combo unfortunately.

its a powerful motor, is in many vehicles, while the trans shift patterns and tcc are whacked and kills the longevity. this is my interest, the micro vans are super utilitarian

i just want to correct issues

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by alabastarbastard View Post
    its a powerful motor, is in many vehicles, while the trans shift patterns and tcc are whacked and kills the longevity. this is my interest, the micro vans are super utilitarian

i just want to correct issues
    Your results will likely depend on whether you have the 9HP48 or the 948TE. That transmission (either one) was problematic for us from the start, but the FCA variant was exceptionally subpar...