Thread: '08 Silverado L92 E38, random lean conditon while tuning MAF

Potential Tuner

'08 Silverado L92 E38, random lean conditon while tuning MAF

I was working on tuning my MAF for my 2008 Silverado that I did an engine swap from a '12 Yukon Denali. Took the L94 out of the yukon with trans and put it in my truck with '07 escalade harness and started with 08 Sierra Denali L92 tune. The L94 has a TSP Stage 1 L92 Truck cam and AFM delete. Retained the L94 intake with e85 injectors and using the 08's MAF. Was following the Goat Rope Garage tutorial for tuning the MAF and during the test drive it went from pretty rich to very lean. Not sure how it changed all at once and didn't seem to recover until I turned the truck off and forced STFTs on. Seems like the spark adjusted a lot right when it all went sour. Any advice? 11 feb good to bad maf.hpl11 feb MAF tune step 2 40 per.hpt

Tuner in Training
    For some reason your log file says its unsupported or a newer version, so I can't see it. Did you add any % to the MAF hz before you started? I think I remember having this issue with my first MAF run and had to add about 10% to the table to start out so I could tune from rich toward stoichiometric. And as I kept going I had to pull some out in the lower hz and add even more in some of the higher hz.

Potential Tuner
    I multiplied the whole MAF freq table by 1.4 since it kept being lean at idle in the garage.

Potential Tuner
    Does this one work?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    No I think its on my end. You may be running a newer version. I'm running 4.12.4 and I think the newest update is 5.04.

Tuner in Training
    I was able to look at the tune file. One thing that I notice is your MAF graph looks weird. It is a 15k hz scale, but at 12k hz it completely flattens out.

I followed Goat Roper on youtube as well when I got started. I also bought his histogram package from his website. I remember there being a MAF EQ error histograms for 12k and 15k.

Just by the graph in your tune file, it almost looks like your trying to tune a 15k table with a 12k scale.