Thread: 2008 Vette LS3 E38 no start

Tuner in Training

2008 Vette LS3 E38 no start

Have stock 2008 Vette LS3 E38 with standalone harness built by novak in CJ7. No spark or injector pulse. Think it's in theftlock, but scanner data doesn't show it's active. Can perform injector balance test and ecm operates all injectors. I have confirm correct 12V inputs to ecm

read after vats & code remove.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Are there any codes active when you try to start it?

You did do a write entire when disabling vats?

I've had 2 setups not start because of a bad cam sensor that had no code. This is not normal for most but a GMT355 V8 and GMPP both wouldn't start until we found crossed cam sensor wires.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Is this an auto trans ECM OS with the TCM chopped off, or a manual trans OS that accidentally got the trans type changed to Auto?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post

I've had 2 setups not start because of a bad cam sensor that had no code. This is not normal for most but a GMT355 V8 and GMPP both wouldn't start until we found crossed cam sensor wires.
    I did full write.
    No codes currenty setting. I did have repin the APP sensor do having signal returns wires switched.
    I'll check the cam sensor wires.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Is this an auto trans ECM OS with the TCM chopped off, or a manual trans OS that accidentally got the trans type changed to Auto?
    I was manual trans. I have performance built 4L60E installed with GM performance TCM controler. I have not yet done the TCM program setup.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post

You was right the cam sensor was wired worng. Also found the MAF sensor wired wrong. Both connectors was wired backwards.

Thanks everyone for help. Now got figure out none functioning cooling fan. I'd bet its wired wrong lol

Senior Tuner
    Has anyone ever seen an aftermarket harness that didn't have something wrong?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    Has anyone ever seen an aftermarket harness that didn't have something wrong?
    Had speartech make harness for 66 chevelle that i swapped ls3/6speed auto that was perfect out of the box. They had few options for shift indicator, cruise control ( and switch for older gm column). Think they will become go to place for builds going forward.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06TrailblazerSS View Post
    You was right the cam sensor was wired worng. Also found the MAF sensor wired wrong. Both connectors was wired backwards.

Thanks everyone for help. Now got figure out none functioning cooling fan. I'd bet its wired wrong lol
    Awesome.. Odd that cam stuff can keep it from cranking.. that hasn't been normal but have seen it personally twice.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs