Thread: LSA G8 idle surge

Potential Tuner

LSA G8 idle surge

Mods
    370, TSP stage 3 blower cam, ZL1 lid, 1000cc inj, 2.55 upper stock lower

The car surges after running about 3 mins and on the scanner the spark goes crazy swinging up and down. It does this and will die I've played with the over and under speed tables and nothing makes a big difference. Also tried to adjust the ECT parameters under the Base correction section 2.22.23 fr.hpl
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Camiking23; 02-24-2023 at 04:43 PM.

1.13.23 SNF test1.hpt
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiking23 View Post
    Mods
    370, TSP stage 3 blower cam, ZL1 lid, 1000cc inj, 2.55 upper stock lower

The car surges after running about 3 mins and on the scanner the spark goes crazy swinging up and down. It does this and will die I've played with the over and under speed tables and nothing makes a big difference. Also tried to adjust the ECT parameters under the Base correction section 2.22.23 fr.hpl

Your idle timing looks high to me (18*). I would drop that down to the 12* range. When it is too high, there is not enough reserve torque at that RPM/Timing combo to raise RPM's (which is why the over/under spark is not helping). You can see in the log the ECM is trying to get more RPM's by commanding 25* and that won't raise RPM's, so then it adds air, which is slow to react. Next thing you know, adding that much air to 27* spikes the RPM's...then you can see the timing go negative...the whole process is chasing it's tail.

Also I found that flat lining the BRAF for the low RPM's really helped tame my cam. This stabilizes the airflow when the RPM's drop which helps to prevent oscillations.

Try this to see if it helps.
    1.13.23 SNF test1.hpt
    A standard approach will give you standard results.

My Tuning Software:

VVE Assistant [update for v1.5]
    MAF Assistant
    EOIT Assistant