Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Axis Scaling - Will we get it?!?

Tuner in Training
    i have a 05 sunfire 2.2l ecotec.... would axis scaling be something that would be possible for my ecu? im not sure what it is or how it would help though would it eliminate the need to fake 2bar/3bar because you could change the ranges of the tables???

if soo.... i NEED this some fuel vs map tables would be nice too and the eco reflash being figured out would be fantastic as well...

thats it, thats my shopping list

Tuner
    My point is why are you trying to manage a 30 PSI setup with the stock ECU. Why not go with another ECU that is actually designed to meet your need and not shoe horn it into the stock ECU.
    2005 LS6 CTS-V
    2010 LP9 SRX AWD 2.8T
    SOLD: 2006 Cadillac SRX AWD V6 A5
    SOLD: 2005 Cobalt SS/SC Arrival Blue

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by zinner
    My point is why are you trying to manage a 30 PSI setup with the stock ECU. Why not go with another ECU that is actually designed to meet your need and not shoe horn it into the stock ECU.

For me, 5 main reasons:

1 - Price.

2 - Ease of installation. No need for custom crank triggers, machining, 400 lbs of wiring etc.

3 - Ease of initial startup. I"m starting with a stock table I can modify. With standalone I start with zip... I do not have the experience to get a standalone going from next to nothing to start with.

4 - Reusability. The system can be used to mildly tune friends' cars that need some adjustments or things like annoying EGR CEL's removed, etc. I didn't get this for just me but I did get it with myself in mind.

5 - Support. This would be the first and only J-body support in terms of aftermarket pcm editability and/or standalone. If I was to setup a standalone I can count on one hand the amount of people that have done it in a J-body. That's not overly promising when you're still learning yourself.

Even with all these obstacles I still plan to cram a Godzilla sized setup into a Godzilla Jr. sized package. People told me 5 years ago what I've already done was impossible, I'll get this to work if I have to so I can reach the next step. Just so you know I already got to 20+ psi decently with this setup, I'll just have to keep working at it with these limitations in mind.

-Chris-

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by zinner
    if you are doing a 3 bar engine you really should think about a stand alone, I know it's not streetable but neither is a car running 30 PSI

Ditto: You're creating you're own headaches, trying to go around a stand alone.

chris

Tuner
    need a 3bar or 2.5bar to even just run 20lbs... jesus.
    Pontiac Grandma 2.4L LD9 (GT30R - super special option)
    12.4@118mph, spinning and being sloppy, 432hp 424tq