Thread: AEM Wideband Fluctuation

Tuner in Training

AEM Wideband Fluctuation

Hi there,
    I have just completed an LS swap on a 1992 c1500. Newly refreshed 2013 5.3L LMG with a GPI LLT1 Low lift VVT cam, Long tube headers, Dual 3" exhaust, CAI. I am going through the tuning process and I am trying to tune the O2 sensors to their new locations, logged with an AEM wideband. I am finding that at idle my wideband is all over the place... Any ideas on what could be wrong? No visible exhaust leaks or vacuum leaks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Look at your timing, it has HUGE spikes and dips in it. That is going to throw a lot of things off. It's bouncing between 20 degrees and -5 degrees like every second.

I've never installed an aftermarket VVT camshaft so if there is specific tables to change for that I am not sure.

In my opinion you added a lot of base running airflow for the size camshaft, may want to tame that down some. Lower the over/underpseed spark correct for idle and in gear. Change it from the +/- 17 degrees to around 8 degrees.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Look at your timing, it has HUGE spikes and dips in it. That is going to throw a lot of things off. It's bouncing between 20 degrees and -5 degrees like every second.

I've never installed an aftermarket VVT camshaft so if there is specific tables to change for that I am not sure.

In my opinion you added a lot of base running airflow for the size camshaft, may want to tame that down some. Lower the over/underpseed spark correct for idle and in gear. Change it from the +/- 17 degrees to around 8 degrees.
    5FDP I backed out all the changes to the idle adaptive's and changed the over under to +/-8. Backed down the running airflow a bit too. It was a little hard to start so I may add it back in to the startup airflow. Take a look and see what you think. I still see alot of fluctuation.

I did change the o2 settings from stock to 450mv, not sure if that is correct. I am assuming that the new o2 sensor locations are throwing the readings off and reflecting in the wideband.

Tuning Addict
    This should get you close.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    This should get you close.
    I will give it a try GHuggins. Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    Perhaps I am going about this the wrong way. Should I start by getting my AFR wideband to narrow down the AFR first or should I tune the MAF first? I am working off the stock tune file and have physically made quite a few changes. What order of tuning would you go after?
    Last edited by drewlawrence; 03-11-2023 at 02:45 PM.