Thread: looking for a safe startup tune for 2015 5.3l with whipple 2.9l supercharger

Advanced Tuner

looking for a safe startup tune for 2015 5.3l with whipple 2.9l supercharger

Hi

I am wondering if anyone has a startup tune for an install that ?i will be doing shortly?

vehicle is a 2015 silverado w/ lt1 5.3l

I will bw installing a 2.9l whipple on an otherwise stock truck.

tia
    2003 MY Z06 3.3 liter whipple ...sold at around 1000 rwhp
    wip 2015 Silverado w/2.9 Whipple (phase 1 completed) phase 2 in the works

Advanced Tuner
    Did you buy the tuner kit? I will attach the tune that was supplied by whipple that came with the supercharger.. Let me just tell you after i custom tuned it, it was a beast compared to the tune that came with it but it will be a safe starting point at least. The one i did was also a 2015 5.3 Silverado and 2.9 Whipple so it should be very close.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by askkmb View Post
    Did you buy the tuner kit? I will attach the tune that was supplied by whipple that came with the supercharger.. Let me just tell you after i custom tuned it, it was a beast compared to the tune that came with it but it will be a safe starting point at least. The one i did was also a 2015 5.3 Silverado and 2.9 Whipple so it should be very close.
    Yes, my son did for his 2015 5.3l

thanks

Advanced Tuner
    when you say close, is this file the one from whipple or one that you modified?

if it is the one from whipple, would you mind sharing yours? thx

Advanced Tuner
    I definitely can but i recommend to use it as reference only because i installed a smaller pulley than what comes originally with the supercharger and also have a different exhaust setup. The one i already posted was the tune that comes from whipple, only thing changed was i decreased 4 degrees of timing for a safe startup tune.8. final tune.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    I definitely can but i recommend to use it as reference only because i installed a smaller pulley than what comes originally with the supercharger and also have a different exhaust setup. The one i already posted was the tune that comes from whipple, only thing changed was i decreased 4 degrees of timing for a safe startup tune.8. final tune.hpt
    cool, thanks so much!!

so 8 final is what you are running on a whippled lt1 5.3, with smaller pulley, etc? how much smaller did you go?

how much boost and power is it making?

are you still using the oem map sensor?
    Last edited by rjw; 07-14-2016 at 07:58 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes. Pulley is a 3.875. Its making 10 psi but i am a 6000+ feet above sea level. Im sure at lower altitude it would make significantly more boost.

It has not been on the dyno.

And yes the map sensor is on there but the fueling is controlled with the maf only

Advanced Tuner
    ok, thx again

Tuner in Training
    Do you have the whipple file it will not let me download