Thread: New Laptop/Vista Problems w HPT

Tuner in Training

New Laptop/Vista Problems w HPT

My old laptop died, so I had to replace it with a new one, running Vista. I loaded HP Tuners and updated to .16 with no problems. I loaded all of my cfg, hpl and bin files from backups in to c:\program files\hp tuners\VCM Suite 2 . Now when I try to load one of those files either from editor or scanner it looks in a folder called DOCUMENTS for the files. When I try to change it to look in Program files I get a message saying I do not have permission to look in or open that folder. When I go to win explorer I can open it and look at all the files that I put in there. Any hints or ideas. I moved a file to Documents and opened it from there. I saved it under another name and HP saved it to Documents folder. It used to save files to the VCM Suite 2 folder. Am I missing something really simple here? I know just enough about computers to be dangerous. Thanks for the help!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    its a permissions issue with vista from what i can tell...temporarily I moved my "tunes" folder to my desktop where I have no issues accessing anything.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Im sticking with Longhorn build 4008 til they get all this backwards compatibility crap worked out.

As for permissions, maybe reboot in safemode, log in as Administrator, and set the permissions for every folder wide open, reboot, login and go crazy. Just basically do it the same way you would to view and modify the System Volume Information folder. (that folder one no one is supposed to be able to access )