Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Same truck, new PCM?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I believe westers locks their tunes

Otherwise you should be able to use any
    2001 Chevy Silverado / GMC Sierra 4.8, 5.3, 6.0, 8.1 pcm
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Alright, that's what I'm thinking too...

I have one coming but not sure when it will get here, I'll give it a try though can't hurt anything. Just want to get this out of the way while it's still fresh in everyone's mind, I'd hate to have to re-explain it lol.

Thanks again.

EDIT
    Can HPT overwrite a locked PCM?
    Last edited by Lucky13MN; 02-06-2007 at 01:34 PM.
    2001 Silverado Z71 4x4
    5.3 with Stock 4L60E
    Z06 Cam, S&B Intake, JBA Headers, Magnaflow Cats, Corsa Cat Back, LS1 Fans, Tuned with HP Tuners.
    Current Best: 14.92 @ 93mph

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky13MN
    EDIT
    Can HPT overwrite a locked PCM?
    generally, no. Old LS1edit locks I think hpt could read & write just fine...they only locked out other users of ls1edit...but most of the time now days no you cannot read/write or flash a locked pcm...you'd need the origonal tuner to unlock it for you.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    I have heard westers locks there PCM's but then again i have seen some trucks I have done with there tunes not locked.So who knows,maybe some are and some are not.

Im impressed!Reading that post I just knew it would get out of hand......thats the way ya do business now.I made mistakes on selections of OS on my truck and got pissed when Keith didnt make it rite,but it was the simple fact of me not reading enough.This is by far not some plug in instant software and its worth your while to spend a few days reading up before you ever plug in! you can spend countless hours doing absolutley nothing but chasing your tail,that could be resolved with reading a little.Remember when all else fails.....read the directions boys and girls..gotta love it when people point out the fact youve screwed up and even more when you take it like a man and make it rite

Was able to read/write that Wester's PCM so I'm all set to have my two PCM's. One spare for lower octane and some torque management for when I travel and higher octane isn't available.

Man, I forgot how nice it is not having to swap PCM's though... especially when it's sub 0 temperatures.
    Last edited by Lucky13MN; 02-07-2007 at 12:54 PM.
    2001 Silverado Z71 4x4
    5.3 with Stock 4L60E
    Z06 Cam, S&B Intake, JBA Headers, Magnaflow Cats, Corsa Cat Back, LS1 Fans, Tuned with HP Tuners.
    Current Best: 14.92 @ 93mph