Thread: 6.0 surging Log file/Tune post review

Potential Tuner

6.0 surging Log file/Tune post review

FrankVVETUNEDTTrialVE.hpt
    idlesurgelog.hpl

6.0 LY6 with VVT delete running BTR Truck Norris cam. I can't get this thing to idle without surging. Sometimes its fine but other times it stalls and surges. I need to dial in some things still as its a work in progress, but the stalling and surging is making it difficult.

This ECM is the E38 that was originally setup for a 5.3. I've copied over the LY6 data including injector data. Please let me know if you see anything obvious that could be causing my issue. I'm open to all input as I'm learning. I've spent some time on the VVE table, but its not quite there.

Thank you in advance.

Senior Tuner
    The VVE looks pretty rough IMHO. I would disable the MAF to do it.

final idle minimum looks a little low.

I'd lower idle timing to 18ish

Capture.PNG
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Second the above. Idle airlfow final minimum needs to come up to close to what you're seeing in the logs. VVE and MAF curve both need work, done so independently. What's up with the timing tables? Commanding negative timing everywhere...Gains to be had elsewhere. Keep studying though. I'm new to this myself but have soaked up quite a bit in a short amount of time. A Truck Norris cammed 2012 5.3 was my first little tuning project. I work with the guy and he’s a close friend nice enough to let me learn with his truck. His truck idled like crap when I started in it, and was a pretty rough mail order tune. Good luck!
    Last edited by JLawson240; 05-04-2023 at 03:26 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Haven?t really messed with timing tables at all on this. It?s on my list.

I?ve started on the vve table and need to go back to the maf aswell.