Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Truck idle help!!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrousman1 View Post
    i uploaded the tune with stock map you said to and it cranks longer and will fire then die immediately definitely changed something.

Attachment 133803
    No worries about the late reply, I hope all is well.
    That is definitely the right settings now for that part # MAP. It is a 1 BAR MAP. Now you need to check the wiring or the sensor is bad. See in the log your MAP at KOEO before starting..... reads 24 kPa. Nope. It should be at your BARO. It should read about 100 kPa KOEO depending on your elevation before you crank it. I do not see where you gave it pedal during the cranking but with the MAP reading like this 1st things 1st. You need to figure out the MAP sensor issue before anything else.
    Charge/ check your battery too. It drops to 8.2 volts during the cranking sometimes.
    Last edited by Hondaeater; 06-26-2023 at 12:49 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondaeater View Post
    No worries about the late reply, I hope all is well.
    That is definitely the right settings now for that part # MAP. It is a 1 BAR MAP. Now you need to check the wiring or the sensor is bad. See in the log your MAP at KOEO before starting..... reads 24 kPa. Nope. It should be at your BARO. It should read about 100 kPa KOEO depending on your elevation before you crank it. I do not see where you gave it pedal during the cranking but with the MAP reading like this 1st things 1st. You need to figure out the MAP sensor issue before anything else.
    Charge/ check your battery too. It drops to 8.2 volts during the cranking sometimes.
    Yea apparently my little one that was helping me yesterday left the key on. I will check the map, its a psi harness so Id say its the sensor. I have another sensor to try.

Tuner in Training
    Somehow in the scheme of things I took the ground strap off the from engine to the frame I need to fix this as well why I?m at it. It?s not possible to have crossed up the wiring to the map is it?

Senior Tuner
    The MAP sensor is bad or not wired properly. It is reading 24kPa.

Near sea level it should read 100 kPa 6000 ft elevation would be 80 kPa for reference.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner
    "MHK5

I assume you knew to "write entire" after you turned the VATS off? I've made that mistake before. It would crank, fire then immediately shut off."

Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    Not necessary om P01 and P59 PCMs. Write calibration will disable VATS on those.
    This is good to know, but I was hoping the "write entire" could have been the reason mine may have not started when I put a different tune in it
    Building Automatic Transmissions since 1978
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply."--Ernest Hemingway.

Black 2000 S10 Base 2.2L Flex Current LS10 swap project
    Red 2000 Blazer LT 4x4 3.73 SOLD
    Red 1998 S10 SS 4.3L Deceased 10/31/2014

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrousman1 View Post
    Somehow in the scheme of things I took the ground strap off the from engine to the frame I need to fix this as well why I?m at it. It?s not possible to have crossed up the wiring to the map is it?
    That missing ground... Was that before you had the no-start issue or AFTER you started diagnosing your no start problem?
    The MAP reading and bad ground could be all related but the calibration characteristic of your map sensor WAS wrong. Once you have a good ground and KOEO MAP reading I hope that's all that was keeping you from startup. Let it cold start and get up to operating temperature hopefully on its own, but use pedal if necessary.
    Look forward to seeing the log.
    Stay tuned..

Advanced Tuner
    And make sure the ground from the rear of passenger side head is connected and tight too. That will prevent it from starting.