Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Large Positive STFT after decel

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TriPinTaZ View Post
    I think your Virtual Torque changes is the reason you're not going in and out of DFCO properly and the STFT's are acting up. I've run into this before. Try putting your torque model back to stock as a test. When you change VVE you change the torque as it is used in the calculations. To be honest, I have had better luck not messing with the Torque Model a ton and only change it where necessary rather than changing it right away JUST because the car has a cam. Often you jut need to lower it a bit at lower RPM's and can often leave it alone up top if you do the VVE model correctly. Then if the throttle is closing or the ECU is pulling timing, then you may need to alter the torque model at WOT. You can also increase it a little bit and reshape it for 0 degrees of movement if you want more accurate torque values. When you mess with the torque model and the off throttle airmass rows (0.10-0.20 area)get changed too much, it will mess with DFCO.

Anyhow, that is where I would look first. There are a few things that can affect this so my answer may not be the solution. But trial and error to find what changes you've made that are causing this is a forward step in the learning process. We've all been through it so don't give up.

As for Torque PID's. Email me and I can send you a config file that has what's important to log.
    I agree. This has been my experience too.

Its honestly amazing how little the VT stuff needs after VVE is flushed out well.. And completely opposite to my own strategy when these first came out.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

I just got back from camping, thank you both (Ghuggins and TriPinTaz) so much for all this info. I started with trying a stock VE/VVT version but all I can do is idle in the garage because it's raining right now.
    Really glad to have some direction.

BTW had to hold the Start button several seconds to get full power on mode.
    2019 C7 Stingray M7 - long tube headers, 6.30/6.22 226/238 cam, supporting stuff, DOD and VVT delete.
    Stock everything else

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GapRider View Post
    ...BTW had to hold the Start button several seconds to get full power on mode.
    With my 2023 ZL1 A10, I have to hold the start button in for 5 seconds to get it to go into full on mode. I do this when I want to P-Off people by starting up my car in Track mode. It literally scares the living daylight out of people when I do that! One day I'm probably going to get my A-kicked by someone that doesn't find it as humorous as I do! I was at the bank on Friday, and a lady was in her car writing out a check. She had her check book resting on her steering wheel airbag/horn as she wrote it out. I started my ZL1 up in Track and WOW ! She jumped like a jackrabbit on a double date and blew the horn (unintentionally I'm sure!). She quickly look over at me with a scorn look on her face and gave me the bird ! I loved it! I hope she had an extra check !