Thread: Lost on readiness monitors

Potential Tuner

Lost on readiness monitors

Hey everyone, I have a 2015 challenger 6.4, stock engine except a kenne bell supercharger with the kenne bell Tune. I have three monitors that stay incomplete (catalyst,fuel system, 02's). I'm two months past due for my registration so I'm pretty close to having to cancel the registration til I can figure out how to get these monitors to complete. I've gone through thousands of miles worth of drive cycles and two separate trips to a local tuner here and no luck still. I have compared the stock file to the kenne bell file to see if something jumps out at me that would keep the monitors from running/passing. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Attached is the file on the car if anyone can help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    i am in same boat

traffic sucked yesterday on the way there and i wrote a calibration in between passes but i drove almost 50 miles home last night, kept it right around 1850 (60 mph with these gears/tire) and did not tap the brake once

got home pretty sure it should be good to go

6.16.png

Potential Tuner
    The only thing I?ve tried is in diagnostic I made sure all the SES and MIL boxes were checked off the same as the stock file. So far it?s the same three monitors that won?t go ready. Just did a 250 mile trip. I?ll check P0125 to verify. I don?t have any pending or active codes. I did notice a permanent code from the body control module but don?t think that would cause a problem with those monitors?

Advanced Tuner
    You really mean 18905? That one is labeled "the minimum engine coolant temperature for disabling the misfire monitor" but when you click on it, the axis is 'ethanol (percentage) in fuel'.

You know I have a 180 T stat and the fan adjusted accordingly

what is weird is that my car never threw a code even for taking too long to get warm

i never had to uncheck em

6.1a7.png

6.17.png
    Last edited by LilSick; 06-17-2023 at 12:23 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Think I found it

P0420

Lol

Checks out right

My suggestion is take your original unmodified tune and load in your Kenne Bell as a compare file. Look for the exact differences. Specifically in regards to the engine diagnostic. This may lead to what has been shut off or modified. Although it is possible that some setting was modified that does not show up on HPTuners.
    Next give a call to Kenne Bell. They may have a software update that may address this very concern that you could update for little or even no cost.

Potential Tuner
    I appreciate all the suggestions! I do have a 180 thermostat, engine with those fan settings usually keeps the engine 185-190. I did the compare files with the stock calibration and made adjustments in the diagnostics. I?m on another 250 mile drive now but back to the same three after a few cycles.I will make the other changes when I get back home and do some more cycles.

Unfortunately I have been contacting kenne bell but haven?t had much luck on that front, just getting suggestions from them on what shop to take it for a re-tune. Unfortunately those shops are 8-9 hrs away. One way or another I?ll get this figured. Car runs fantastic with no MIL,

Thanks again for the all the suggestions!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    Some issues I changed in this file. Your wot pedal for enrich was 1.25v. So you were basically hitting open loop super frequently. Maybe too often to complete the monitors. I moved it to 2.25, which is still pretty low so drive gently while trying to get the monitors to set. I'm not sure why it was set so low so I also put your throttle spark knock tables back to stock in case they were trying to fight a knock issue.

It could also be that the engine temp is not reaching "full operating temp" in order to complete all the monitors. I changed your fan settings and a couple of other things that might help. I suggest letting the car idle until all the way warmed up (212*) and then driving around on some backroads around 60mph. If you have a 180* thermostat, you may need to switch back to a stock 203* in order to get all your monitors to complete.

And lastly, your misfire detection rpm was raised up. I put it back to stock. If you have issues with misfire codes due to the blower you may have to put it back. I'm not sure if this is preventing your monitors to set, but it could be related to misfire monitoring.

[ATTACH]133417[/ATTAC]
    I just noticed you attached the amended file, thank you! I will load it in the morning and try some more. When I'm doing the cycles I try to basically drive by the vaccume/boost guage, keeping the vaccume between 7-15" or so. definitely keeping it out of boost and keeping the speed steady around 55mph or so for 5 minutes, the doing 55 to 25mph decels and accels with light throttle. It's definitely a pain and has to be done early morning or late on country roads...

Potential Tuner
    So did some more drive cycles, a lot actually. I did a log to see if I find a lead to the problem. I found when I upshift the fuel system goes open loop briefly, steady throttle stays closed loop. Downshifting its a coin flip, sometimes it stays in closed loop, sometimes it doesn't. If I engage the clutch smoothly without letting off the throttle it helps keep it in closed loop but not always. I'm guessing this is why the 02 monitors won't complete, as well as the fuel system and catalyst.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    not sure where you heard to do decel and accel??

ive always used over 55, under 65, light throttle, do not touch any other pedal for 20 miles

my car has 3.70's in it

i might have to slow down to 50 rofl

(im near LA. 50 will cause problems)

*60 causes problems... 50 will have people shooting at me

Potential Tuner
    It?s just the drive cycles I?ve seen for Chrysler/ dodge. I?ve seen to different sets of instructions for drive cycles, Both have accel and developed to get the 02?s to run. I?ve honestly tried steady throttle, the instructions I?ve found and everything inbetween, and an HPDE track day(that?s just for fun). Going on 3500 miles of drive time. Thankfully I live in the county and no one will shoot at me 😂

Tuner in Training
    Looking for answers too. In case it helps, on my 426 stroker the Fuel System monitor would not Complete as long as P219A & P219B were SES enabled. Still trying to get Catalyst and Oxygen Sensors to go Ready. I do have a 180 stat and occasionally get a P0128 code which could be preventing the remaining monitors from completing. My fan settings have been adjusted accordingly. I have hi-flow cats, and have tried anti-foulers (02 extenders) to no avail.