Thread: 16 Silverado 1500 PLEASE HELP!

Potential Tuner

16 Silverado 1500 PLEASE HELP!

Hey All,
    I've been attempting to tune my truck for 5 months now and it still does not go down the road well. I've read as much as I could here and on other sources... but at this point I feel like I am in way over my head and I'm regretting buying hp tuners and attempting this... Whiney rant out of the way

I did the AMS racing Stage 2 Active Fuel Management AFM DOD Delete Kit for 2014-2018 GM Chevrolet Gen V L83 5.3L Engines. I also installed a cam limiter (Comp Cams 5456 Phaser Limiter Kit for 2014+ Chevrolet Gen V 5.3L 6.2L L83 L86 LT1).

Specs:
    16 Silverado 1500 LT L83
    BTR stage 2 cam 210/223 .540"/.540", 111LSA,14% fuel lobe
    BTR springs
    DOD deleted
    3rd cat delete
    resonator & muffler delete
    K&N 63-3082

I have started over from my stock tune file more times than I can remember. I will attach my last MAF tune and my first vve tune after switching over from MAF tuning. The car started sounding different yesterday not sure why- just can hear it in the exhaust. Kind of sounds like its got more chop out of no where and now I'm worried there has been interference or some thing... Lastly, to add to the fun, after I loaded the VVE tune I mentioned, "service 4wd" showed up on my dash and the truck would lose power then all of a sudden hook up again and launch. Thinking that my torques converter maybe shot?? IDK Please help I'm not sure where to go from here...

Mil light is on:
    P0011 "CAMSHAFT POSITION - TIMING OVER-ADVANCED OR SYSTEM PERFORMANCE (BANK 1)"
    P0103 "Mass or Volume air flow A circuit high input" (expected for VVE tuning)
    P0506 "idle air control system RPM lower than expected"
    P015B bank 1 sensor 1 of your oxygen sensors is experiencing a ?lean to rich? delayed response issue (this is new as of the recent exhaust sound change)

I hope this isn't too confusing just trying to include as much info as possible.

File name Key:
    Last MAF Tune: As of 7-5-23

First VVE attempt today (switching over from Maf): VVE step 3
    Log file after load step 3 tune: VVE step 4
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    Cam tables need to be fixed for the limiter. This will cause the over advanced code too.

HP Tuners is bad to throw things way out in zones if some of the numbers aren't right and that's what happened to yours. Just look at it in 3D format - you have 2 zones going through the roof.

Torque's too high causing the negative timing at idle. You're driving around in open loop even though the tune isn't setup that way. With the negative timing you may have even damaged the O2's - hopefully hasn't damaged the cats. If you have to replace the O2's use OE. After markets as of late aren't doing so good.

If you want someone to do the tune for you, you can always give me a shout.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuning Addict
    Your cam came with a 20 degree limiter? 20 total, so 10 each way or 20 each way? You might want to double check that. Most of these cams come with a 7 max limiter from what I've been seeing from customers. The way you did it was correct only you missed a few - your cam since it came from btr should have the optimal wot settings for the rpm settings on the cam card. You can put that into the regular and wot tables for those rpms and then set a lower value in the lower rpms in the "stockish" area like shown above.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC