Thread: L5P " unlicensed vehicle", writer erase failed to start . PLEASE HELP!!!!

Potential Tuner

L5P " unlicensed vehicle", writer erase failed to start . PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hello !!! Please forgive me in advance, as I am NOT a " tech" person. but I have managed to flash many ecms & tune gas cars, and my own truck { flashing only } . I recently asked the tuner I've used if they had any updates on their SOTF tunes, as running my race tune is a bit risky IMO towing a trailer W a car onboard.

they send a new revision, I attempt to flash it, I get locked out {JUST LIKE IT IS NOW !!!} I had windows 8 on my laptop { never needed anything else !} and upgraded to windows 10 as I saw lots of posts regarding the same issues I had. went to flash it after the update to 10 AND the latest vcm editor beta, mpvi2 drivers, and it flashed like it always had {this was putting the race tune back in it} .
    so I decide yesterday I'm going to go pick up a car that's a 3.5 hour trip one way, and I'm going to try & flash a tow tune from a year or so ago from my same tuner . it erases & gets to 95% & stops.
    it constantly says " writer erase failed to start!! Afterwords, I notice the gas gauge reads empty {and I'd JUST filled it up} , I get MO's on the phone to do remote tuning today & they finally come up with the battery showing 0 voltage when you connect with the scanner!!!! BUT my snap on soleus connects!!!!

the VIN# they had in my tunes was NEVER my correct vin, so I was always told to write entire. and it always worked.

now the SAME TUNE that I've ran for 2 years says unlicensed vehicle!!! { did the updates lock me out of my own vcm because the vin# is not correct on the tune ?

and is this what they call " bricked " ???

I'm not a wealthy person, BUT I've got to do whatever Is Need'd to get THIS fixed, as this thing is nsetting inthe MIDDLE of my driveway, with a 20ft open car trailer tied to it, and wont hit a lick !!!!
    whatever I need to do or buy, overnight, I'll do. I just need someone to tell me WTH it is!!! I opened a support ticket & sent them the three items they requested AND several tune files so they might catch any issue. I've only had this one mpvi2 { all my gas stuff has been through the mpvi1pro & I LOVE that baby !!!!

THANKS in advance to any & all who can help my situation.

2017 GMC L5P Denali

BTW I ALWAYS re synch my mpvi2 & then get a verification code before flashing.
    Last edited by steve keen; 07-11-2023 at 07:14 PM.