Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First write attempt makes car unable to start MPVI2

just in, i received an email from support asking me to download the beta vcm editor. i did this. i had already replaced my ecm and had tge car running.
    i reinstalled ecm, and attempted again to write the ecm. same messages . not licensed, no vin, blank like nothing there. nothing i did would make this work.
    i then opened vcm editor beta. read vehicle with same response.
    now it gets interesting. i opened my stock file that came with this the origional ecm. selected to write to the ecm. the beta version skipped all of the error messages, no message about vin or unlicensed vehicle, no message requesth ing me to purchase credits. instead it went directly into write complete mode for 7 mins and completed with no errors.
    vehicle runs fine, no issues. no dtcs so my next step was to flash my tuned file into the ecm.
    i closed beta and opened 4.0.2 editor. i did not get the no vin message. when i tried to write to the ecm i got the unlicensed vehicle message requesting me to purchase credits.
    closed 4.0.02 down and opened beta editor. selected exact same tuned file that i was just told had to have credits purchased. selected write corection not write complete and bam. no error messages, no credit request, it imideatly wrote the tuned file to the ecm.
    i have forwarded all of my data logs to hp support. i have alsi received an email saying that there was an issue with some mpvi2 s that were first released envolving conection with other vehicles, non related to my vehicle, but requestion i send it back for diagnostic testing or replacement with a 48 hr return window at there expense.
    end result there appears to be a software/hardware issue of some kind.

Tuner in Training
    Hi - a final update from me from the original issue, I sent MPVI2 back to HP Tuners, they did what they needed to do and shipped it back to me very quickly. Best part it writes to my ECU fine now so all fixed. Many thanks to HP Tuners.

Tuner in Training
    I guess I need to contact support. I'm having the same problem you were..I just bought my MPVI 2 this weekend.............

Tuner in Training
    I am super glad that the folks at hp tuners are responsive to taking care of issues when they arise, almost unheard of these days. Back when I first started tuning with the old aftermarket stuff like the original trw, speed pro fast and BS3 it was like you were on an island alone unless you could phone a friend. My new MPVI2 is inbound for tomorrow delivery, I am fearless and have a few other things to drive so I will tear into it and see what happens. I am just looking to activate and adjust the PE and get some umph where these lq4's are kinda flat. Think I might pull the truck in the shop with the AC just in case

Potential Tuner
    This looks like a Holden problem. I also have a 2003 SV8 - doing upgrade to LS3. Have been able to write to the P01 once in car - every other attempt times out - after the radiator fans kick in during the write. Then no comms at all to the ECM, disconnecting battery etc. does not clear the problem. Removing the ECM and using a bench setup just works straight off. But this is a pain as a number of parts have to be removed to get there - and repeated connection removals and installs is not a good idea. Fully charged (new battery) with a 10 Amp charger connected has not made a difference. After market radio turned off and not connected to any bus. Why are the fans kicking in? Even after having the fan relay removed? Any ideas as to how to get this to work reliably in the car? Tried beta software and latest release version. MPVI2