Thread: Not sure where to start please help

Potential Tuner

Not sure where to start please help

Hi

Rencently got a silverado with a 4.8 and manual transmission, installed a sloppy stage 2 cam and got this "tune".

2004 4.8 ss2 nv3500.hpt

comparing it to the stock file i noticed the ve table and maf calibration are the exact same as stock,
    the main spark table goes from 22 to 45 its not smooth at all

just wondering at this point should i start from scratch using my stock file to tune it myself using goat rope garage method ?
    or continue with this file ?

if i continue with this file where do i start first ?

Just a quick glance.. that tune has your tire size as 12"... that needs to be updated with accurate data. You don't mention.. Does it run? Does it idle? Are you able to drive it, have you driven it? Can you post a log of the engine running so we can see some data?

Potential Tuner
    Yes it does idle and drive I drive it most days, I'll try to post a log later

I'll update the tire size thanks

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HATEHPTUNERS View Post
    Just a quick glance.. that tune has your tire size as 12"... that needs to be updated with accurate data. You don't mention.. Does it run? Does it idle? Are you able to drive it, have you driven it? Can you post a log of the engine running so we can see some data?
    For some reason manual trucks have this speedo calculator error.

That is rather poor.. I wouldn't trust anything else done in a file with work that sloppy.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    Allright thanks Alvin

I'll start from scratch

Any tips on where to begin ?

Start with idle then maf, then ve, then spark ?