Thread: 2022 F150 5.0 single turbo wideband location

Potential Tuner

2022 F150 5.0 single turbo wideband location

2022 f150 5.0 single turbo coyote wideband location Issues.

Put both widebands post turbo in the downpipe right next to each other. It will drive ok for a little while and then the STFT will start fighting eachother drastically to the point of being unsafe to continue. Always get code for: O2 circuit slow response Bank 2.

What is the fix for this if we cannot shut one of the sensors off like in the past?
    Last edited by Adam1; 08-12-2023 at 07:33 PM.

First of all "o2 sensors post turbo" is the biggest BS i see on the internet that get repeated like a plague...
    NOT a single manufacturer ever placed wide-bands post turbo in history...ever...

Now replace that sensor or repair your harness as it not working properly.

Potential Tuner
    Have tried replacing sensor, no difference. Have also relocated bank 2 sensor into crossover and left bank one in DP. Then got bank one slow O2 circuit.

Advanced Tuner
    VW places widebands post turbo, I've always placed mine post turbo... Though that was with the older LSU4.2 sensors, the newer ones these days should hold up to the added heat pre-turbo.

Edit:
    Ford also puts wideband post turbo on all the Ecoboosts, in fact I don't think I've ever encountered an OEM that placed an o2 pre turbo...
    Last edited by Seishuku; 08-14-2023 at 12:17 PM.

Some run a single O2 sensor. Link below.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...e-Turbo-Advice
    Paul
    Modern Muscle Motorsports
    www.modernmusclemotorsports.com
    Custom tuning using Diablosport, SCT, HP Tuners, Tuner Cat, FAST & Holley
    Dynojet 224x mobile dyno

Quote Originally Posted by Seishuku View Post
    VW places widebands post turbo, I've always placed mine post turbo... Though that was with the older LSU4.2 sensors, the newer ones these days should hold up to the added heat pre-turbo.

Edit:
    Ford also puts wideband post turbo on all the Ecoboosts, in fact I don't think I've ever encountered an OEM that placed an o2 pre turbo...
    We must have seen another galaxy...all ford V engines Ive seen have wide bands pre turbo...

We build +1000 HP turbo coyote with sensors in stock location and this is the best thing to do.

The only time we run o2 post turbo is our V6 Mustang single turbo applications as they run on single sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1 View Post
    Have tried replacing sensor, no difference. Have also relocated bank 2 sensor into crossover and left bank one in DP. Then got bank one slow O2 circuit.
    You might have a massive leak, seized turbo or something very wrong in the tune.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    We must have seen another galaxy...all ford V engines Ive seen have wide bands pre turbo...

We build +1000 HP turbo coyote with sensors in stock location and this is the best thing to do.

The only time we run o2 post turbo is our V6 Mustang single turbo applications as they run on single sensor.
    Is this a euro market thing maybe?
    All the 2.7 and 3.5 Ecoboosts I've seen are post turbo.

I can understand in an aftermarket setup where you reuse stock NA manifolds, but any OEM setups I've ever touched have been post turbo.
    I'd love to see some pictures of you have any, not to push this thread off topic or anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Seishuku View Post
    Is this a euro market thing maybe?
    All the 2.7 and 3.5 Ecoboosts I've seen are post turbo.

I can understand in an aftermarket setup where you reuse stock NA manifolds, but any OEM setups I've ever touched have been post turbo.
    I'd love to see some pictures of you have any, not to push this thread off topic or anything...
    Might be, but only due the lack of space in the manifold, being still pre cat make no real difference.
    Now if we talk aftermarket you 100% dont have any cat there. Placing o2 post turbo makes it read leaner
    so that is not what engine will see hence its just now the smartest idea...where 1% difference in big injector can melt your piston...

Im not saying post turbo sensors doesnt exist, Im saying its a bad idea for aftermarket, we build 10-20 turbo kits a year and we never place sensor post
    turbo and that goes for Mopar and GM too...Google is your friend for pics.