Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gotta be something I'm missing

Tuner in Training
    Alright everyone, I fell like I'm almost there. There was a gentlmen here who helped me fail the MAF, and I was able to get it running. Its now running in reduced power mode with only two codes, MAP circuit code, and a 5 Volt reference on sensor 1. All of the sensors are brand new, AC Delco OEM. All connections are good, with no issues on grounds. This wiring harness was built brand new by BP automotive, a well known LS swap wire harness from what I've read about them, which is why I went that road.

If you're still getting a P0108, have you run through the diagnosis for that code? Have you verified the pinout at the MAP connector matches the sensor you are using? (there are multiple possible 1-2-3/5v-loref-signal variations depending on sensor part number/application)

Just because an aftermarket harness is 'quality' does not mean that they knew which MAP sensor you intended to use. You have to check it.

MAP and CMP share the same 5V1 source (and the other sensors that share 5V1 you may not be using, given this is a swap), a problem at one sensor could cause a problem at any other sensor that shares the same 5V circuit.

screenshot.05-08-2023 13.29.52.png screenshot.05-08-2023 13.29.55.png screenshot.05-08-2023 13.32.00.png

Tuner in Training

Update everyone...

Alright everyone, so the issue I had was an ECU fault. I slapped a new one in there, and now I'm back up and running. I'm trying to dial this in and I feel like once again, I'm missing something. It runs now, but as soon as I put it in gear, or let hit the acceeartor, it shuts down. It idles fine, until I hit the gas. If I two foot it, I can keep it running. I'm attaching my latest tune and a log. Thanks everyone!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    You're still missing a 5v or something pinned wrong. MAF still showing 0g/s airflow - this should show flow even if failed as long as it's plugged in. You still have the cam code too. Something electrical still wrong unfortunately. Best I can recommend is figure out everything using the same 5v (after verifying that is missing from the MAF) and then unhook them one at a time until your 5v pops back up - again that's if that's what it is missing. Cam may be what's pinned wrong or map or whatever.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

MAF is a +12v reference from a fuse, it doesn't share a 5v with other sensors. IAT does, but is electrically unrelated to the MAF sensor, they just happen to be located inside the same box. A 5v fault shouldn't be able to take out the MAF signal.

Just had one last week were I had a bad MAP sensor that took down the 5v. Test was to do nothing more than monitor the 5v reference on the scan tool and I started disconnecting sensors that use the 5v. IAT, CTS, TPS, etc. Turned out it was a shorted MAP. It would start and run horrible with zero driveability. Agree with Squirrel that this would not effect MAF though. I suggest this because it won't take more than a couple minutes to rule out a shorted sensor.

Tuning Addict
    Forgot it was a 12v. Good catch and correction on that one. In this case either something pinned wrong there or bigger voltage issues present.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Or, being a swap, the wire that's supposed to be +12v could be run to a +5v instead. Or connected to something else that's not +12v. Or a fuse missing...

Tuner in Training
    Hey blindsquirel, thanks for the insight. I'm really struggling with this one. 5V is good, I only have codes for the cam sensor and the MAF. Both are AC delco, and brand new, I've messed around with this tune so much I'm not sure if it's the tune itself, or I have an actual electrical issue. Also, my bank 2 o2 sensor reads zero. I've been in contact with one gentleman who's been ridiculously helpful outside of the forums, he thinks it is an electrical issue, but I can't seem to find where I'd have one at. The gact that she runs and runs well as long as I keep throttle open really has me at a loss. I even got her up to 60 just to see if I'd have any issues. Outside of obvious tuning issues, it does well.

Senior Tuner
    This type stuff is rarely the tune. Codes/voltage issues is wiring unless you have a damaged ECM which is rare also.

Did you try disconnecting the individual 5v reference sensors one at a time and see if your 5v returns? BlindSquirrel gave you the schematic.

Tuning Addict
    I'm thinking he might actually be missing or having an issue with a ground supply or 12v on top of the 5v issue. He's missing heater to one O2, MAF, Cam circuit intermittent and map signal is shorted to power as indicated by being stuck maxxed out. At least that is what I inferred from what he's saying...

~Greg Huggins~

I don't think I ever saw where he verified which MAP sensor he has and that it is pinned correctly for whatever that application is.