Thread: E85 Results On Copperhead pcm

E85 Results On Copperhead pcm

Just started to run E85 in my custom 2008 expedition and the drivability is great using my own custom proprietary calibration from a 5.0 coyote to power my Roush charged 5.4 3v, I ran the tank down to about empty put 26 gals in the tank ad let the wideband and flex fuel logic take over. I'm using a fully custom -8 feed -6 return 1:1 regulated fuel system 60lb injectors @ 55psi base pressure and injectors and pumps are barley breaking a sweat will be doing WOT testing this week to see if I'm gonna max out the injectors highest I've see on 93 was around 55 to 60% DC on a really cool day, only time will tell. will attach some logs soon. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

So far the calibration is working perfectly where i ca swap between 93 and E85 with ease no swapping calibration just drive and feel the benefits of e85 or run the normal 93 for more milage per tank. Here is a cruse log from today. I will say this there is a huge difference in the way the truck feels on tip in and just the general drivability with the added timing and blending curtesy of the flex fuel inference these PCM's are great.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Very good.

Tuner in Training
    How are you triggering the PCM to relearn flex fuel on refill?

It’s built into the controllers logic with the parameters I set so the last week I needed fuel had e85 in the tank put 6 gals of 93 in and the pcm calculated the octane level from 69% ethanol to 45. So it’s really nice being able to go from one fuel to another even put in 90 when I was really in need in the mountains and the logic set it up so I was good to go.

log from this evening

Been playing with some settings as always trying to make what's great even better lately been having start issues on first start due to my return fuel system and areomotive regulator. So what I figured out to make the pump run continuously with the 11-14 copperhead pcm it has nothing to do with setting minimum off duty cycle to .5 that simply does not work you have to make it a valid duty cycle to make this work.

Will be working on a 2006 roush stage 3 this weekend upgrading fuel injectors due to the 38lb set he has isn't enough for the +6 pulley we added trucks fuel system cant keep up hopefully the 60lb injectors like I'm using will be just right for his daily roush f150 at its current boost level.

Here is my 2nd fill up with Pump e85 ad a log of a wot and cruise pull before my 2nd fill up. As log as you have you parameters properly set up the PCM can infer the correct mixture of fuel 87- e85 at the pump. if anyone is having trouble i maybe able to set you in the right direction with your calibration.
    Attached Files Attached Files