Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eq ratio and afr HELP

eq ratio and afr HELP

so i set up my scanner to read the afr and eq. I did the charts the way i was supposed to do, so i started it to check it and the numbers look incredibly high compared to the one i saw from a YouTube video. What's going on with the high numbers? plz helpafr and eq test.hpl

Your wideband PID for EQ ratio is still reading in AFR. Any math in your charts based off EQ will be completely off like your stating

Quote Originally Posted by rabbs88 View Post
    Your wideband PID for EQ ratio is still reading in AFR. Any math in your charts based off EQ will be completely off like your stating
    how can i fix this?

Did you wire your wideband via serial or analog? Under external inputs is where you should be looking for your channel. Serial will be under "Serial Port" and analog will be under "MPVI2, MPVI2+, MPVI3"

Mine is wired via serial and looks like this
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rabbs88; 08-22-2023 at 10:47 PM. Reason: screenshot

Did you wire your wideband via serial or analog? Under external inputs is where you should be looking for your channel. Serial will be under "Serial Port" and analog will be under "MPVI2, MPVI2+, MPVI3"

Mine is wired via serial and looks like this
    Its thru the serial port. I added the channel.

so i also did the transform to the channel but it still shows crazy high numbers.eq test 2.hpl

It's still reading AFR, you just moved the decimal point? Lambda = Actual AFR/Stoich. Set your gauge to read in lambda and see what happens

It's still reading AFR, you just moved the decimal point? Lambda = Actual AFR/Stoich. Set your gauge to read in lambda and see what happens
    alright so i changed my gauged to lamba but on sum its still reading really high. Also on the chart is it supposed to be on percent or number for the units?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacog View Post
    alright so i changed my gauged to lamba but on sum its still reading really high. Also on the chart is it supposed to be on percent or number for the units?
    eq test 3.hpl heres the log

Nothing has changed. Still reading AFR. I gave you the math so you could check yourself. Also I can't see your charts or math on the log unless you post your graphs file

Nothing has changed. Still reading AFR. I gave you the math so you could check yourself. Also I can't see your charts or math on the log unless you post your graphs file
    afr and eq.Graphs.xml

Your "AFR err" graph is correct for AFR tuning but you won't be able to fix the other one without logging lambda. What wideband are you using?

Your "AFR err" graph is correct for AFR tuning but you won't be able to fix the other one without logging lambda. What wideband are you using?
    aem 30-0300

I have the same one and have no issues. At this point I would just start from scratch and retrace your steps. Uninstall VCM suite and reinstall it. Make sure you follow my screenshot from earlier to log EQ. Don't even put AFR in there unless your going to tune with it. Use the math I posted earlier too to check if it's reading in AFR or lambda. Unfortunately I don't know for sure how to fix your problem

I have the same one and have no issues. At this point I would just start from scratch and retrace your steps. Uninstall VCM suite and reinstall it. Make sure you follow my screenshot from earlier to log EQ. Don't even put AFR in there unless your going to tune with it. Use the math I posted earlier too to check if it's reading in AFR or lambda. Unfortunately I don't know for sure how to fix your problem
    also i only have 1 o2 sensor in the passenger side and have my wideband in the driver side o2 sensor location. can i run only 1 o2 or do i need both and make a new weld for the wideband

If you turn off your rear O2's you can put your wideband there but if you removed an upstream O2, those need to be there

If you turn off your rear O2's you can put your wideband there but if you removed an upstream O2, those need to be there
    whats the difference?

also i re-did my chart and channels it still has some high numbers at the biggining like 400 but after a test run they came down to like 100 sumthing, then their where numbers that looked correct.Attachment 136090eq test run.hpl

Upstream controls fueling. Downstream doesn't