Thread: 2015 Tacoma, speedo calibration

2015 Tacoma, speedo calibration

Hey guys, what am i missing, no matter what info i put in for speedo calibration, my speedo is always 3mph off

Any Toyota Tacoma Tuners out there had this issue? Not matter what info I enter in speedo calibration the speedo reads slow... Is there something I am missing??

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by desertfab racing View Post
    Any Toyota Tacoma Tuners out there had this issue? Not matter what info I enter in speedo calibration the speedo reads slow... Is there something I am missing??
    i believe with hp tuners the speedo calibration is for automatic trans shift points only.

Potential Tuner
    I had the same problem. the trans output channel is correct. i contacted HP on a ticket and they verified that the speedo is taken using the wheel sensors(ABS Trac con) and not the engine management. i eventually just took the bezel off the dash gauges removed the needle and placed it 3mph slower(reindexed)it. using GPS it is accurate at 60 MPH that's all I need for the purpose of slowing when police cruisers
    are passed.

Tuner in Training
    Oddballs, on all cars the speedometer shows about 5% higher than the actual speed

Tuner in Training
    If the Toyota tuning is like the GM tuning you want see any change unless you flat both the TCM and ECM.
    Last edited by mbramlett2; 6 Days Ago at 02:45 PM.