Thread: additional credits?

additional credits?

its been sometime since i bought credits, and i did so this afternoon. my question was shouldnt i be recieving a new application key and serial interface number via e-mail? i could have swore i recieved this instantly last time i bought credits. just making sure i did it correctly... the only e-mail sent to me was from paypal saying i have payed hp tuners for the credits. anyone??

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    a. Our order processing is done manually still so its only as instantaneous as the person processing it
    b. You'll receive only a new application key...your serial number always stays the same
    c. You can always check your customer login page to see if your credit amount has gone up...if it has it means for some reason your email got rejected or thrown into a junk email folder by your ISP so make sure your email is valid, etc.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

so your saying i will not recieve till someone sees my e-mail? my e-mail is valid and was sent a confirmation via hp/tuners- paypal for my credits i bought.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    im saying its done manually.

im also saying you might want to check your customer login page to see if they already added the credits

still the same, do you figure ill get them this weekend? can ya make that happen?

Tuner in Training
    Wow, I bought credits today, and I need them today...

Got Them Today, A Little Inconvienance But Ill Get Them A Few Days Ahead Next Time.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    a. Our order processing is done manually still so its only as instantaneous as the person processing it
    b. You'll receive only a new application key...your serial number always stays the same
    c. You can always check your customer login page to see if your credit amount has gone up...if it has it means for some reason your email got rejected or thrown into a junk email folder by your ISP so make sure your email is valid, etc.
    Does this manual process work over the weekends too?

I ordered 2 more credits yesterday at around 4:30. Is there any chance I will get them today on a sunday?

something else to remember when ordering...
    there are many many HPT Customers..adn its possible that a bunch of people have ordered credits all in the same day..and even possibly in the same basic time period..

they will get to them and process them as fast and as soon as possible.
    the 3 people who can take care of this also have normal lives and family outside of staring at a computer screen for umpteen hours of the day and they do "clock out" to lead their normal lives..

its entirely possible that you can get credits within minutes of ordering them...its also possible that it could take a day or two depending on whats happening around them.

I always suggest to people that if they know they will be tuning others and will need credits for that to happen that they keep a few always available on their devices..
    meaning... like a store has to stock up on items...so should you stock up on credits ahead of time...

While we understand that not everybody can spend $$$ to keep an extra couple of credits around for the just in case factor..its is still something we suggest and it is the best possible solution to having to wait for credits to be deployed.
    Last edited by S2H; 02-25-2007 at 09:24 PM.
    -Scott -

Bill is 100% correct. The processing of credits is a manual process. I am confident that the order will usually be satisfied in a timely manner, and we try very hard to satisfy orders for credits immediately, but that isn't always possible (particularly over the weekends or holidays). Also, please keep in mind, that the order is not processed until payment is confirmed, so if you pay by check, there may be an additional delay.

In the future, so that you aren't stranded if a customer comes in, I would like to suggest that you order a few more credits than you need and re-order before you have scheduled an appointment to come in. Look at it as inventory. The best part about it is that this "inventory" moves relatively quickly, and fits a lot of different models!

We also want you to know that HP Tuners realizes any delay in obtaining an Application Key is an inconvenience and we are diligently working on automating the credit system so that Application Keys are generated immediately. This work is occurring concurrently with an e-commerce solution that will allow you to submit credit card payments directly, so that you do not need to utilize Paypal.

There is a lot going on behind the scenes that once completed, will result in much better customer service ability. Your patience is greatly appreciated while we sort through the process!
    Jay
    HP Tuners

1967 Camaro, 2005 LS6, T56-under construction

When purchasing credits does the computer with HPT have to have online access? My computer with HPT does not have internet access and I'm not sure how you handle credits.
    2002 Silverado
    Intake modifed for Cone Filter

2005 Cobalt SS/SC
    GM Stage2 w/ Stage3 pulley
    GM Honed Extruded Manifold
    GM Touring Exhaust

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It is STRONGLY recommended you have internet access with your hpt computer however not necessary as long as you have a way to transfer data from a computer that DOES have internet access to your hpt computer that doesn't. An application key is nothing more than numbers & letters in series, usually I would use a usb flash drive to save the automated email generated by our system so I can copy & paste it into our software when necessary.

Just to make sure before I make a purchase. I'll get an email with the application key. Then I just copy the key to a flash drive and transfer to the compter with HPT? Is this an attaced file or just numbers I type into HPT?
    2002 Silverado

2005 Cobalt SS/SC
    GM Stage2 w/ Stage3 pulley
    GM Honed Extruded Manifold
    GM Touring Exhaust

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Just numbers & letters, copying the email to a flash drive is how I do it in a pinch.

-Bill