Thread: Bog problems at start

Bog problems at start

Can anyone help out with this last tune? Starts fine, but bogs for the first few seconds, until I lift and then hit it again, but then that's it. It runs fine after that. Does it whether it's cold or warm and every time I start off, but them it goes away.

Also, how worried should I be with the KR readings up to 6? I keep trying to tune them out, but I've backed out as much as 6 degrees at the point of attack and still get the same results. Am I missing something?

I could use some help.

Check the PE Enrichment rate. Set it to 1.0
    Set the torque vs Gear (on the TM tab) to max (6046) in all gears. That will make it more lively out of the hole.
    Also set the TPS to enable a tad lower. 87% is pretty far up there. Try it down around 50-60%. It "may" impact fuel economy if you are on it alot but it should help you get "out of the hole".

Also set the Burst Knock Base vs Cyl Air to zero as a diagnostic measure (you may get real KR on throttle transitions with it zeroed though)
    Main spark could use a little bump up at idle range in the .6+ g/cyl range. The PCM is pulling the spark back to -10 there. No way it will knock but it will feel like a toad.
    Last edited by EC_Tune; 02-26-2007 at 12:08 PM.
    Always Support Our Troops!

I for the life of me cannot find the TPS adjustment!! I know I saw it early on, but cannot find it now.

Also, I have no "Accel Enrich" parameters under that tab. hmmm? something missing here?

Did I possibly disable that somehow?

Also, do you mean 6 degrees on the chart or something else by ".6+g/cyl"?

Thanks for the help.

I did adjust the "HOT ENABLE" TPS to 60, though.

Here is the tune.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaSS
    I for the life of me cannot find the TPS adjustment!! I know I saw it early on, but cannot find it now.

Also, I have no "Accel Enrich" parameters under that tab. hmmm? something missing here?

Did I possibly disable that somehow?

Also, do you mean 6 degrees on the chart or something else by ".6+g/cyl"?

Thanks for the help.
    You don't have accel Enrich parameters as they don't apply to your PCM (E38/E67) but you do have transient parameters. I personally haven't messed with them but you can as long as you use a scientific method: Change one thing, log to see what change does, evaluate.

In the Main Spark tables, the .6 g/cyl is the Y ordinal, RPM is the X ordinal. So you would need to make changes on the 'X' oridinal indexed by the .6 g/cyl 'Y' ordinal.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Here is the latest today, and what a difference those changes made. I'm afraid, I'm not much of a rocket scientist, and it seems that I should have pursued the engineering degree, but .... Here we are.

Thanks for the help, Doug.