Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cobalt SS - Need tune help now please!!!

Cobalt SS - Need tune help now please!!!

I'm in a big dilema here so anyone who can please help that would be amazing. I just did my install last night for my Intense kit. I am running a 2.7" pulley, 60lb injectors, and the air box mod and that's it. After getting the CPS (crank positioning sensor) relearned this morning I attempted to get on the car coming back from the dealership. The car is so rich it just dogs out and throws shit loads of black smoke out the exhaust. Intense was supposed to have tuned the car for my supporting mods but this definately isn't right.

I need your guys help asap seeing this is my daily driver and I can't really afford any downtime. I have HPTuners and have tuned my Cavalier with it but I haven't done much with MAF tuning. Can someone help me out with a 2.7" 60lb tune that will work for my car? I do have one tune I got awhile back for this setup if someone wants to take a look and maybe edit it for me.... pleaseeeee

Hell I'm even willing to pay a fair price if need be, i'm desperate here

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    can you post your current tune?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    Your injectors. Did your IFR scale get fixed for thos 60 pounders?????

Post a tune....

I have no idea what wa changed on the Intense tune and haven't saved it off the pcm yet, I need to buy my credits for the Cobalt. This was an Intense tune that was supposed to be a plug and play How do I post the one tune for the 60pounders and the 2.7" pulley?

Senior Tuner
    Read the VCM now if it's not locked....Should be their tune on it now right? If you don't have the ability to read it you are back to them bud

here is the tune I have for the 2.7" and 60lb injectors but I got this awhile back and cannot remember from where. Let me know what you guys think? Thanks everyone...

The PCM is not locked and I can read it, I'm purchasing my credits for the Cobalt right now.

Senior Tuner
    It's hard to tell you if that is OK without knowing what tune is on the car now. Would like to see how that tune compares to the one on the car now...

As soon as I get my credits i'll scan my PCM and upload the file here. I just purchased my credits, how long does this usually take to activate? Thanks guys I really appreciate the help, i'm in a bind here and wasn't expecting it.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    24-48hrs...sometimes longer on weekends since its a manual system.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

oh wow that's definately not good The car does run so I guess if I need to I can drive it, it's just pig rich and dogs out under load...

Senior Tuner
    I'll bet that the injectors were not tuned. (I am guessing here)The car thinks it has tiny injectors and is using a scale for it. Making it dump fuel. Now the other one that is not so easy. A stuck injector would do this too. Hopefully it's just the tune.....

Senior Tuner
    And just a side note. Taking a cab for a day is a lot cheaper than fixing a damaged motor....

any maf problems? or is it doggin at all times etc.

make sure u made your inj constant goes down. im pretty sure your inj rate vs kpa is way higher than should be i believe its around 30 in the vaccuum for a stock one going to 40 in boost.

i believe good ol' foff just make a excel spreadsheet to help u with changing all the values.
    2006 SS Cobalt SC
    Stage 2 ZZP Cams
    Headers, 3.0" Full ZZP Exhaust
    60lb inj. Intake.
    2.8 Pulley
    72# Lb. Supertech Springs
    LNF Ext Valves and lashers
    Cobre H/E, option B.
    Torque Damper
    HPTuned.
    Bitchin'

I honestly beleive the GM tech erased my Intense tune when he did the crank position sensor relearn. The car is just PIG rich and doesn't even idel correctly. I really need either a new Intense tune, or someone to help me out with a tune that would work. I don't have the time to do a tune from scratch as this is currently the first time I'm even looking at the parameters for the Cobalt.

private message foff667 or whatever his name is and ask about your tune hes the one who can tell you where your numbers should be. if its running say 1/3 too rich (because of stock 42 under 60 lbs new) youd be below the 10 afr and run dog rich as u would say and smell like sulfur.
    2006 SS Cobalt SC
    Stage 2 ZZP Cams
    Headers, 3.0" Full ZZP Exhaust
    60lb inj. Intake.
    2.8 Pulley
    72# Lb. Supertech Springs
    LNF Ext Valves and lashers
    Cobre H/E, option B.
    Torque Damper
    HPTuned.
    Bitchin'

Advanced Tuner
    Whether You have the Intense tune or the tech reverted it back to a stage 2 or stock tune, intense runs from really rich to really lean. I've tuned 2 60 lb cobalts with intense tunes and they were going from 13's to high 15's at idle and cruising and WOT was 13 afr... but both cars ran great after tuning.
    06 Cobalt SS SC
    2.7 pulley
    42.5lb Injectors
    HPT VCM Suite tuned
    Custom SRI
    Tuned
    13.701 @ 103 Mph
    Best 1/4 mile Stock
    14.295 @ 102 Mph

02 TURBO Cavy 2200
    Finished
    Times coming soon

That isn't an Intense tune, actually thats from Rob Archer in the repository. I haven't seen an Intense tune in awhile so that may be what they are using now, I hope not. I have an Intense tune and I compared them, 37 differences.

Advanced Tuner
    I have 2 intense tunes that I could compare, but I believe he said that's a tune he found for the 60's but not the actual Intense tune on his car, nor does he have the current tune file.
    06 Cobalt SS SC
    2.7 pulley
    42.5lb Injectors
    HPT VCM Suite tuned
    Custom SRI
    Tuned
    13.701 @ 103 Mph
    Best 1/4 mile Stock
    14.295 @ 102 Mph

02 TURBO Cavy 2200
    Finished
    Times coming soon