Thread: ZF8HP70 Jaguar F-Type R Shift feel for gears 1-8

Potential Tuner

2014 Jaguar F-Type R Transmission Shift feel in M

Let's go over what i feel in my car and why i'm asking...
    All the shifting was done in Manual mode and with LOW Torque and HIGH Torque.
    1-2 feels alright (it jerks a bit but thats to be expected cuz tall 2nd gear)
    2-3 feels okay (not great)
    3-4 feels very snappy almost a bit to snappy
    for my taste below 2200rpm, feels good above 2200rpm
    4-5 feels good in every rpm range
    5-6 feels good below 2500rpm, feels like trash above 2500rpm (car jerks back and it feels very unsmooth/rippy)
    6-7 feels good in every rpm range
    7-8 feels good in every rpm range

Edit 1:
    3-4 shift feeling snappy was just to much clutch pressure!
    After lowering the pressures by 0,5 bar in the 1500-2000rpm range it feels way better and smoother. (clutches might suffer from it)
    I also changed the Tq Management and added -12nm in the 2400rpm and 3200rpm rows to compensate the less pressure

Edit 2:
    5-6 Gear change was feeling crap because there was to little fill offset and to low of a clutch pressure i raised pressure in the upper Tq regions by almost 1 bar!
    It now feels way better/faster and not lumpy anymore i also left Tq management stock.
    Changing the Tq management makes it smoother not faster. Because the clutches have to take all the energy and you compensate by using the friction material creating most likely heat and wearing the clutch.

Edit 3:
    I noticed after some changes in the shift schedule for the M maps the 4-5 shift when shifting at 1400-1500rpm the shift clunks sometimes indicating either too much pressure or too much tq management. (working on it)

This will be further updated as i gain more accurate Information.
    Last edited by RandomStranger; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:13 PM.