Thread: HR 350z troubles

Potential Tuner

Unhappy HR 350z troubles

Bought my MPVI3 to tune my 01 Silverado and ended up finding out it was compatible with my 350z. I've done countless hours of research on GM tuning but I can't seem to grasp the tuning for my Nissan that has very little info on.

I feel very lost with this. I can't seem to change anything that will affect my lambda/AFR readings (very lean at full throttle and lower RPM's: 2500-4000)

I've only disabled immobilizer (08 ecu in an 07 vehicle) and adjusted fuel compensation table in the areas that are lean. I feel like this is not what I need to be looking at and adjusting.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of where to start-over?

Tuner in Training
    Firstly, any mods to the air intakes? These cars usually progressively get richer at high rpms. If stock I'd see if it's maintaining 51psi of fuel pressure under high load and high rpms. If that's okay you need to data log it to see if what the ecu is commanding for afr is what you're realizing at the oem wide band O2s. That's where tuning comes in because those values need to match before you can just simply change your target AFRs. You don't want to change your target afr in an effort to compensate for a lean issue if what's being commanded and what you're logging isn't matching.