Thread: 0411PCM - Help with the A/C settings to get the PCM to turn on the clutch

Tuner

0411PCM - Help with the A/C settings to get the PCM to turn on the clutch

Hey All,

I've just installed an aftermarket EVAP unit and Sanden 508 single wire compressor and have trying to get the PCM to control it but having a bit of a problem.

If I manually apply 12v to the compressor the A/C clutch engages, and the PCM sees this and ups the idle, everything works fine.

But when I turn on the A/C evap blower, the clutch won't engage.

I'm running a VY'03 Engine and body harness complete with BCM, but instead of trying to figure out all the ALDL bullcrap that comes along with it, I deicded to just wire everything direct.

Pin Red 14 and Blue 55 are wired with an 82K Ohm resistor to get the 2v reading back to the PCM for correct pressure
    Pin Red 17 gets 12v with the blower is turned on
    Pin Red43 is the ground for the relay to power the compressor clutch
    Pin red 18 is connected to the power wire of the relay so when the clutch is engaged, the PCM knows the A/C status.

The problem is the PCM is not sending out the ground wire.

I'm guessing this is a A/C setting in the tune, but not sure what I'm supposed to check when changing from BCM controlled, to direct PCM controlled, and just using 12v signal to tell the PCM it is running.
    The 3 pin a/c pressure senor is what is in use but the thread was wrong so i bypassed it with the resistor.

Any help would be greatyl appreciated.
    Attached is the tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Also should add I had to put a wire in Red Pin#17 as the harness didn't have a pin in there.