Thread: 6.1 hemi install on 2012 rt

Advanced Tuner

6.1 hemi install on 2012 rt

Have a unique build here. Have a cammed 6.1 Hemi that was installed on a 5.7 Hemi Charger 2012. The crank reluctor wheel was changed to the 2012 style. Car starts but the idle doesn't want to come down until it's been running for a while. Once at full temp the idle will try to come down but it just oscillates badly. If I give it gas the car jumps to about 3k and then it won't come down and the car needs be shut off. I checked for vacuum leaks and everything looks good. I see the P0016 code and it makes me nervous with this set up. Could that cause the issues I'm dealing with? If so is there a sensor change that can fix this? The cam was timed properly and the crank gear is correct for sure. BRANDON.CHARGER.6.1.CAMMED.005.WARM.hplBRANDON.CHARGER.6.1.CAMMED.005.WARMUP.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Just updated the tune and got the idle to come down but it still swings when it warm and it I touch the throttle it shoots way up and doesn't want to come down. In this scan it I barely touched the throttle. it shot to 2k and slow came down but it died once it did
    Attached Files Attached Files