Thread: Swap ls 6.2 iv gen retard

Tuner in Training

Swap ls 6.2 iv gen retard

good night guys. I am having problems with an ls 6.2 swap, the afr runs fine and everything but when I touch the timing the car is doing retardation and does not obey the degrees it is commanding, I have checked everything and I can't figure out what is wrong causing the car to slow down
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by harry.bravo View Post
    good night guys. I am having problems with an ls 6.2 swap, the afr runs fine and everything but when I touch the timing the car is doing retardation and does not obey the degrees it is commanding, I have checked everything and I can't figure out what is wrong causing the car to slow down
    Looking at your high-octane timing map its matching pretty good to your logs. At 5600rpm your tune is commanding 10.50* and your hitting 10* in the log. At 6000rpm your commanding 7* timing in the tune and log is showing 7*. Most of the run matches the timing map. Why are you dropping timing so much? That low of timing can cause higher EGT's. It should look closer to your low octane map which if this is N/A is probably still a bit low. Timing should slowly ramp up after max tq. Its slowing down because your HO timing map has no timing.

If this is a stock engine, I would start by flashing the stock timing map back in and work off that watching knock. I usually remove 5* from the entire map, highlight entire table, hit smooth like 5 times. Then add that 5* back to the entire table. This will smooth it out a lot. For the IAT table I would zero out everything under 122* and ECT zero out under 194* so these tables are not modifying timing unless it's in the danger zone.
    2013 CTS-V Coupe M6 - 1 7/8" Headers, 3" x-pipe, stock mufflers, Airaid intake w/green filter, ID1050X injectors, DSXtuning flex fuel kit, DMS under hood tank, upgraded pump, 3/4" lines, griptec 2.4" pulley, solid isolator, 100mm idler, reinforced brick, MM mild catch can, AEM 30-0334 wbo2, 600whp/630wtq

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JayRolla View Post
    Looking at your high-octane timing map its matching pretty good to your logs. At 5600rpm your tune is commanding 10.50* and your hitting 10* in the log. At 6000rpm your commanding 7* timing in the tune and log is showing 7*. Most of the run matches the timing map. Why are you dropping timing so much? That low of timing can cause higher EGT's. It should look closer to your low octane map which if this is N/A is probably still a bit low. Timing should slowly ramp up after max tq. Its slowing down because your HO timing map has no timing.

If this is a stock engine, I would start by flashing the stock timing map back in and work off that watching knock. I usually remove 5* from the entire map, highlight entire table, hit smooth like 5 times. Then add that 5* back to the entire table. This will smooth it out a lot. For the IAT table I would zero out everything under 122* and ECT zero out under 194* so these tables are not modifying timing unless it's in the danger zone.
    The motor is N/A, the HO and LO timing tables, I modified them so that the timing coincided but I see that it is still doing retardation without being able to find out what the delay command is.6.2 TUNE 2.hptultimo log 6.2.hpl

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by harry.bravo View Post
    The motor is N/A, the HO and LO timing tables, I modified them so that the timing coincided but I see that it is still doing retardation without being able to find out what the delay command is.6.2 TUNE 2.hptultimo log 6.2.hpl
    Attached is the file with the suggestions that you told me to make with the last log that was given to the car