Thread: HPTuners A/C Type Fitted Information needed

Tuner

HPTuners A/C Type Fitted Information needed

Hi All,

I didn't get any responses from my last 2 posts about setting up A/C wiring, so I thought I'd try a simpler request specifically about the tuning software only.

Does anyone have a description of the options for setting up the A/C in the 0411PCM tunes. I need to know what setup each selection is for, and how it controls the A/C.

The options are:
    *Serial
    *Serial Cycling
    *Analog
    *Analog Cycling
    *Passive
    *Not Fitted

My assumptions so far are:
    *Serial - Uses variable compressor and gets on/off signal from BCM or A/C controls via serial data
    *Serial Cycling - Uses fixed rate compressor and gets on/off signal from BCM or A/C controls via serial data
    *Analog - Uses variable compressor and gets on/off signal from a/c pressure sensor and/or low/high switches
    *Analog Cycling - Uses fixed compressor and gets on/off signal from a/c pressure sensor and/or low/high switches
    *Passive - Not sure, maybe just gets the signal when A/c clutch is engaged but doesn't control on/off
    *Not Fitted -No A/C

The wiring and analog are based on the below diagram, except the Red#14 and Blue#55 pins go to the pressure sensor

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by evilstuie View Post
    Hi All,

I didn't get any responses from my last 2 posts about setting up A/C wiring, so I thought I'd try a simpler request specifically about the tuning software only.

Does anyone have a description of the options for setting up the A/C in the 0411PCM tunes. I need to know what setup each selection is for, and how it controls the A/C.

The options are:
    *Serial
    *Serial Cycling
    *Analog
    *Analog Cycling
    *Passive
    *Not Fitted

My assumptions so far are:
    *Serial - Uses variable compressor and gets on/off signal from BCM or A/C controls via serial data
    *Serial Cycling - Uses fixed rate compressor and gets on/off signal from BCM or A/C controls via serial data
    *Analog - Uses variable compressor and gets on/off signal from a/c pressure sensor and/or low/high switches
    *Analog Cycling - Uses fixed compressor and gets on/off signal from a/c pressure sensor and/or low/high switches
    *Passive - Not sure, maybe just gets the signal when A/c clutch is engaged but doesn't control on/off
    *Not Fitted -No A/C

The wiring and analog are based on the below diagram, except the Red#14 and Blue#55 pins go to the pressure sensor
    Mike Noonan at EFIconnection wrote a book about LS wiring swaps. He would be a good person to ask. I have his book somewhere and seem to remember a good section on A/C stuff. His book helped me out quite a bit with a couple projects.

I did a 383 SBC with a 411, fly by wire, cruise control, tow/haul mode, and computer controlled AC.. His book was helpful getting the odd things working.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Mike Noonan at EFIconnection wrote a book about LS wiring swaps. He would be a good person to ask. I have his book somewhere and seem to remember a good section on A/C stuff. His book helped me out quite a bit with a couple projects.

I did a 383 SBC with a 411, fly by wire, cruise control, tow/haul mode, and computer controlled AC.. His book was helpful getting the odd things working.
    Thanks Alvin, but my question isn't about the wiring, it's about the tune settings and what they refer to.

Senior Tuner
    Thanks Alvin, but my question isn't about the wiring, it's about the tune settings and what they refer to.
    I know.. I would ask Mike which setting to use..
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner
    Ok thanks, buy the book seems to be the new internet now.

It'd be nice though to be able to come to a HPTuners forum and get answers for the HPtuners software after paying out $1,000 for it and not have to buy a third party's book to get the answers.

Thanks for the replies. I'll just hardwire the relay and bypass the PCM for now.

Senior Tuner
    You could always try a support ticket since almost no one on these forums is getting paid.

Senior Tuner
    Ok thanks, buy the book seems to be the new internet now.

It'd be nice though to be able to come to a HPTuners forum and get answers for the HPtuners software after paying out $1,000 for it and not have to buy a third party's book to get the answers.

Thanks for the replies. I'll just hardwire the relay and bypass the PCM for now.
    I replied you should ASK Mike Noonan.. then gave a positive plug for his book as it was helpful to me. It cost NOTHING to ask Mike about this..

Good luck.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com