Thread: Wastegate Fluttering and Lurching above ~50% 2018 2.3L EcoStang

Potential Tuner

Wastegate Fluttering and Lurching above ~50% 2018 2.3L EcoStang

Hey all, tried a fair amount of tricks and attempted solutions to get this problem resolved, but during small to wide open pulls the throttle opens and closes quickly for numerous reasons such as "Tipin Det Control", "Anticlunk tipin limit" and the car lurches back and forth during acceleration. Just looking for any advice on areas I may have over-set some values to make the car do this. I've included the tune and log, let me know if anything else is needed.

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Don't really see anything obvious in the log, but I would maybe suggest reverting the throttle body model (44363 and 44364) back to stock and see if that improves things, same with throttle rate limit (44342) and see if things improve.

Potential Tuner
    The master themself responds! That worked wonderfully, reliably pushing 20-21 psi boost with no problems. Any tips to make the car burble or pop after letting off a hard pull?

Advanced Tuner
    lol hardly master, but thanks.

The software the 18+ Mustang runs should have burble logic that can be enabled, though I don't know the setup off the top of my head... Could probably just copy the parameters off the Focus RS as a starting point.
    Otherwise, disable DFCO and set low load borderline timing tables to 15 degrees or less, naturally that will give you burble any time you're off the pedal though... Never really cared for that, I think it makes the car sound broken, but you do you.

Quote Originally Posted by snowedin View Post
    Hey all, tried a fair amount of tricks and attempted solutions to get this problem resolved, but during small to wide open pulls the throttle opens and closes quickly for numerous reasons such as "Tipin Det Control", "Anticlunk tipin limit" and the car lurches back and forth during acceleration. Just looking for any advice on areas I may have over-set some values to make the car do this. I've included the tune and log, let me know if anything else is needed.

Thanks!
    Go through the RS burble tables and collect the IDs as your file is missing a ton of tables, ask support to add them and then I'll sort you a file

Potential Tuner
    Definitely will have to take a look. After some logging I noticed that the burble logic isn't being enabled at any point. Weird, I can't seem to figure out why

Tuner
    Curious... what mods do you have on your Ecoboost Mustang?
    Thanks for sharing!

Tuner
    Just for future knowledge, please start recording maybe 5-10 seconds before you want to start logging the event, and then stop recording 5-10 seconds after the event. the total session should be no more than a minute. It'll make the resolution much better, and we can see the different parameters in action. thank you

Potential Tuner
    Mostly stock, only mods are Roush CAI (Debating keeping it) and ported headers. Debating on an NX2 or just upgrading to a manual GT

Potential Tuner
    Will do! Still learning the groove around here on the forums

Potential Tuner
    I've been able to get pretty consistent pops and noise on downshifts/hard cuts, only appearing so because of how I modified the spark tables. Is there any logging to see why burble logic isn't being enabled as opposed to just the status indicator?