Thread: Scanner Layout for ZF8 Trans

Potential Tuner

Scanner Layout for ZF8 Trans

Hey All, i'm fairly new to hptuners.

Been playing around with it for a few weeks. I have a 2014 dodge ram 5.7 with the 8speed zf8 trans. I wanted to play around with getting some real data from the scanner specific to when the torque converter locks / unlocks, etc.

I have pulled just about every PID into the interface, but cant seem to get the TCC duty cycle to come in, which i heard is the one you want graphed to see when it locks / unlocks.

I wondered if anyone out there has a layout setup already for zf8 scanning to how it acts / runs.

this is what my layout looks like so far.

Screenshot 2024-05-15 202648.png

Advanced Tuner
    You're saying the Locked and Unlocked PID's you have in there don't cycle at all?
    Is the PID you chose for your ride? Meaning; did you filter it to only show what your ride can provide? I believe the filter is a little gear icon in the tools bar. And I believe you have to have it plugged into your ride and communicating for that function to work.
    Also, there may be two PID's for it. When you choose something, like TCC Locked, it may ask if you want to use a generic PID for it and you click "Yes, sounds good", or you can click "No, I know what I'm doing". You might try the latter one, or run both to if one, both or neither work. I often run both to see they read the same or not, then pick the one that seems to work better.
    Last edited by chevota; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:22 PM.
    '16 E550 Coupe RWD - C207.373 / M278.922 / MED17.7.3 / 722.909