Thread: valve lift stock eagle heads

Tuner in Training

Smile valve lift stock eagle heads

could someone please tell me how much lift the stock beehive valve springs on a 09 5.7 Hemi are good for.

Thanks

Either .500 or .525 i believe. If you are planning on upgrading internals, just buy a set of mopar .625 lift springs. They are very cheap
    2019 challenger rt
    k&N cold air intake
    92mm hellcat throttlebody
    ported 392 intake manifold
    ported eagle heads
    Cammotion custom 222/234 cam
    stainless works long tube headers and catless mid pipes
    3' catback with h-pipe & pypes violator mufflers
    e-85 tuned
    3.70 lsd

Potential Tuner
    In about 2011 Chrysler updated the spring/spacer package on the Eagle heads. When I did the cam swap, I used the updated springs/spacers, as well as new updated (about 2016) lifters.

Though the cam/lifters were not ticking at 170k, two lobes/lifters were very warn. It was only a matter of time. If you are doing a cam swap. I wouild recommend using new updated lifters and new whatever springs your cam requires.
    2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee / 5.7 Eagle

CAI - OE AC box, K&N element, SRT8 Air Duct
    Valvetrain - AMS 206/222 .520 lift cam, Non-MDS lifters
    Exhaust - SRT8 manifolds & mid-pipes, Flowmaster 50 Big Block muffler
    Other - 180 T-stat, Catch Can

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by greatape View Post
    could someone please tell me how much lift the stock beehive valve springs on a 09 5.7 Hemi are good for

Thanks
    How much lift they are good for is dependent upon how close to coil bind are you willing to go

Not all heads have the exact exact same installed height

Have you measured yours?

Quote Originally Posted by LilSick View Post
    How much lift they are good for is dependent upon how close to coil bind are you willing to go

Not all heads have the exact exact same installed height
    Quality control wasn't what it was supposed to be

Have you measured yours?

you're safe with .550, after that it's a crap shoot , we've used OEM Eagle springs on 6.4(into 5.7s) cam swaps, none of them worked right with the OEM eagle springs. on the Intake side some coil bind, some we could get a .006 feller gauge in at full lift, Exhaust side was fine.

FWIW All of Summits Hemi cams under .540 Lift can use the OEM Eagle spring , and don't experience valve float under7k RPMs
    04 RAMGTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi 3600lbs 2.6HP/Ci Naturally Aspirated
    05 RAMGTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi 4000lbs 2.2HP/Ci Naturally Aspirated
    09 Challenger Drag Pak 8.88@150mph 376Ci G3hemi 3650lbs 2.6HP/Ci Naturally Aspirated
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q