Thread: unlicensed vehicle issue

unlicensed vehicle issue

POSTING THIS SINCE THE OTHER POST WAS CLOSED NOT ALLOWING ME TO COMMENT BACK.

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro6 View Post
    I recently installed a hptuner PCM that an owner purchased vs unlocking his orig computer in a 2021 Silverado, did the VCM scanner replace ecm function, immo learn & crank relearn with GM MDI2, read tune (hptuner download file), licensed it with 6 credits, and then the next day it says not licensed. 6 more credits used to license it again. Sent support ticket 428404 which has been a back and forth for many days now. The time I spent emailing, getting items from the truck & vcm suite, and it be ongoing without anyway to speak to someone is crazy to me.

Pretty much being told I licensed the original ecm from what I gather in the emails. How does someone license an ecm that is locked and the hptuner software will tell you that an unlock needs to be performed. The download file after swapping computers I got from HpTuners had to be messed up or something that I originally licensed. It shows 2 different serial numbers for licensing on my device, but I only have one computer from hptuners in the truck. This truck also has brake error messages now once the pcm was changed and I have not gotten them to clear. Or is the PCM defective is the next question. I'll probably need to buy 6 more credits to license a replacement PCM, so not interested in going there.

This is not my first rodeo with unlocked pcm's and all I asked for was the 6 credits be put back on my device. Pretty simple to me, but it's clearly not that simple. No phone number to call hptuners, can't get a call from anyone, you're not allowed to get any direct messages on here, so the customer is going to get billed for 12credits it looks like. I gave hptuners a chance to correct it before this customer has a field day with online bashing. I'm pissed too because it looks bad on me.

Reply from HpTuners:

Sounds like you licensed someone elses file to me

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

5-20-2024:
    So, I decided to plug the original ecm into the truck and would you look at that, the serial number matches the original computer. So the HpTuner download file had the original ecm serial number and not the correct one for the new PCM. At no point did I license someone elses file. Would you like me to post/attach a video of this truck and ecm issues? Support hasn;t responded to my last email on Friday either.
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST (93-E85 flex fuel tune)
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]

Now HpTuners is accusing me of altering a vin on this vehicle and that one file isn't a virtual download, lol. Both files are virtual downloads from the same vehicle and have different serial numbers causing the licensing issues. At no time did I alter a vin number on one of these files.

HpTuners is about 40min north of me, they are welcome to come on down to my shop and see this vehicle in person. We can speak face to face about the issue and have the vehicle in front of both of us and my computer. What day do you want to come out?

Who else is having issues with licensing of computers and then it saying not licensed?
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST (93-E85 flex fuel tune)
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]

Night butterflies dating for special occasions

Discover the ultimate in relaxed romance with the best casual dating platform! A unique encounter, with an emphasis on safety Verified Damsels Unsurpassed casual Dating

Advanced Tuner
    Ive had this issue on a range rover sport. Had to read the vehicle on internet, edit the file while plugged in at the same moment and flash. If i edit a file outside of the RR or off internet it will stick out the little hand of HPT demanding more credits.

Advanced Tuner
    Its funny all these threads of people having issues are getting closed/locked. "No our product has never had an issue its always the consumers mistake."