Thread: Idle question for 2016 c7 lt1

Tuner in Training

Idle question for 2016 c7 lt1

hi guys here is a log of my idle. i set it to 600rpm. here is tune as well. is this normal for timing to spike like that goes from 14ish to some time 26.
    the first part is with ac on then i rev it ac off. let it idle a bit. then rev and ac back on. here is the log and tune.

2016 c7 LT1 7speed manual
    afe intake momentum pro 5r
    full exhuast headers no cats. dbbl helix x pipe straight pipe.
    ngk LTrIX spark plugs
    taylor wire set
    ATI super damper
    on e85
    stock cam

thanks for any help or comments.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by wtf777; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:33 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by wtf777 View Post
    hi guys here is a log of my idle. i set it to 600rpm. here is tune as well. is this normal for timing to spike like that goes from 14ish to some time 26.
    the first part is with ac on then i rev it ac off. let it idle a bit. then rev and ac back on. here is the log and tune.

2016 c7 LT1 7speed manual
    afe intake momentum pro 5r
    full exhuast headers no cats. dbbl helix x pipe straight pipe.
    ngk LTrIX spark plugs
    taylor wire set
    ATI super damper
    on e85
    stock cam

thanks for any help or comments.

looks like after not too many trial and error i was able to smooth idle out i will upload logs when i get chance.

Tuner in Training
    ok now im convinced that the c7 lt1 idles wierd. i always felt like it idle wierd before i got hp tuners. now that i can data log i see that is caused from the random timing advance jump as you can see here on the log. it seems to get more frequent when the ac is on. the begging of the log is with ac off then about 45 sec in after a light throttle tap i turn on ac. the car drive fine btw.

Tuning Addict
    Your not going to see any changes, but this should change your idle where it's most likely intermittently struggling to idle due to leaning out.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Your not going to see any changes, but this should change your idle where it's most likely intermittently struggling to idle due to leaning out.
    THank you! i loaded up the tune and let it run few minutes (im busy at moment) but i can already tell its much smoother. ill drive tomorrow. Thanks again

Tuning Addict
    Yeah, people don't realize how important these background tables are You should have some more zip now too
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    Yeah, people don't realize how important these background tables are You should have some more zip now too
    hi guys back here again. car runs fine. after a long drive and its fully hot idle gets weird with ac on. i have log here. ac first then rev twice and then turn ac off.
    i did write entire for last tune never even notice that before.

Tuning Addict
    You say it's a little weird? As in???? Looks like you changed external load and some other things that might just need tweaking some more. Probably put peak torque back to stock.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    You say it's a little weird? As in???? Looks like you changed external load and some other things that might just need tweaking some more. Probably put peak torque back to stock.
    it sounds like a pop but it dont always happen. maybe its me.... but i put those tables back to stock and adjust the alchol multipliers 1 or 2 % cant remember. and started it up in my garage for few minutes. dosnt get to the temp i said just in garage but it did sound better so far in few minutes. hopefully i get time tommorow and driver her.. now that it was in garage i may have an exhuast leak i can hear it off wall.

Tuner in Training
    with all the changes ive made i cant remember if i copied the stoich correctly for flex fuel. is this correct?

Tuner in Training
    not sure why but with ac on u can see the jump in spark.. why???? 1st minute is with ac on the rest after rev is ac off(much smoother)

Tuner in Training
    could it be the scoarching heat in florida?

Tuning Addict
    You can try raising your external load or even your reserve a touch and I do mean a touch to give it some headroom. Even putting a little relief into the left side of the predictive and adding to the right side can help with that sometimes. Otherwise are you actually feeling that? Is it shaking or anything like that? Engine load will be the only thing changing fwiw.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    You can try raising your external load or even your reserve a touch and I do mean a touch to give it some headroom. Even putting a little relief into the left side of the predictive and adding to the right side can help with that sometimes. Otherwise are you actually feeling that? Is it shaking or anything like that? Engine load will be the only thing changing fwiw.
    should the values go up or down on the external load? it feels like a misfire when it spark spikes but no codes of anything and drives fine even did quick wot pull yesterday didnt break up at all.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wtf777 View Post
    could it be the scoarching heat in florida?
    You think Florida is hot? lol! Come to Phoenix! Ha ha ha ha
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by STAGEUP View Post
    You think Florida is hot? lol! Come to Phoenix! Ha ha ha ha
    oh i know its hot there its just the humidity here its rediculous. itll be 95 and feel like 108