Thread: Idle question for 2016 c7 lt1

Tuner in Training

Idle question for 2016 c7 lt1

hi guys here is a log of my idle. i set it to 600rpm. here is tune as well. is this normal for timing to spike like that goes from 14ish to some time 26.
    the first part is with ac on then i rev it ac off. let it idle a bit. then rev and ac back on. here is the log and tune.

2016 c7 LT1 7speed manual
    afe intake momentum pro 5r
    full exhuast headers no cats. dbbl helix x pipe straight pipe.
    ngk LTrIX spark plugs
    taylor wire set
    ATI super damper
    on e85
    stock cam

thanks for any help or comments.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by wtf777; 1 Week Ago at 05:33 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by wtf777 View Post
    hi guys here is a log of my idle. i set it to 600rpm. here is tune as well. is this normal for timing to spike like that goes from 14ish to some time 26.
    the first part is with ac on then i rev it ac off. let it idle a bit. then rev and ac back on. here is the log and tune.

2016 c7 LT1 7speed manual
    afe intake momentum pro 5r
    full exhuast headers no cats. dbbl helix x pipe straight pipe.
    ngk LTrIX spark plugs
    taylor wire set
    ATI super damper
    on e85
    stock cam

thanks for any help or comments.

looks like after not too many trial and error i was able to smooth idle out i will upload logs when i get chance.

Tuner in Training
    ok now im convinced that the c7 lt1 idles wierd. i always felt like it idle wierd before i got hp tuners. now that i can data log i see that is caused from the random timing advance jump as you can see here on the log. it seems to get more frequent when the ac is on. the begging of the log is with ac off then about 45 sec in after a light throttle tap i turn on ac. the car drive fine btw.

Tuning Addict
    Your not going to see any changes, but this should change your idle where it's most likely intermittently struggling to idle due to leaning out.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Your not going to see any changes, but this should change your idle where it's most likely intermittently struggling to idle due to leaning out.
    THank you! i loaded up the tune and let it run few minutes (im busy at moment) but i can already tell its much smoother. ill drive tomorrow. Thanks again

Tuning Addict
    Yeah, people don't realize how important these background tables are You should have some more zip now too
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC