Thread: 2nd time bricking PCM

Potential Tuner

Question 2nd time bricking PCM

2014 ram 1500 5.7 cam and turbo
    1st pcm I was able to get 4 revision in before it bricked. Figured it was my fault maybe the battery voltage was too low or my laptop wasn?t up to date idk. So I bought a used pcm had it programmed, sent the stock file to my tuner and we got it going. Then at the 4th revision with the new pcm it did the same as the first pcm. I would go to write the new file and it would complete. I?d cycle the key to go to start it and Id get no crank nothing. Security light flashing and no gears on the cluster. Flashed the stock file and got it back. Redownloaded the 4th file and it took it. So I get a log over to my tuner and he sent another revision. I flashed it again said write was completed but now it?s doing the same. Now I can?t flash the stock file. Can?t read the vehicle in scanner or editor. I?ve redownloaded hptuners and the beta version and still nothing. Only errors I get was controller init: not ready or controller init: failed after the initial write ?complete?
    I?ve never had issues with hptuners until I bought my own mpvi3.
    Thanks in advance sorry if it?s all over the place.
    And I do have a ticket with support just waiting on another response.
    Hopefully someone can assist with the issues we are having.
    Last edited by BoostedJesse; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:28 AM.

Senior Tuner
    You would probably be better off posting in the appropriate Dodge section forum.

Potential Tuner
    Okay thanks