Thread: 411 700r4 TCC control

411 700r4 TCC control

hey everyone,

I just finished a 24x swap on a SBC in my friends 1987 Camaro running on a 411 ECU.

So far everything seems to be going good but I need to start looking into the TCC control side of things.

Will the 411 do just TCC lockup in Non-elec auto? Just want to make sure I understand what I am up against before I wire in the TCC to the ECU and figure out any programming I will need. I read on one of the forums somone said you had to put a resistor on the trans temp signal but others did not mention needing to do that so idk if they were using the 4l60e selection instead of non-elec auto.

Thanks for any input.

bump... anyone?

Just hoping I can do this with the 411 ECU and not have to put in some sort of vacuum switch wired into the 4th gear pressure switch.

Again most of what I have found online seems hit or miss if it will even work or not.

I looked over this and it seems like it might not be possible as it requires the ECU knows what gear the transmission is in outside of a PN switch but who knows 100%.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...t-up-for-700R4

Tuner
    Older 700r4 has signal for 4th and later ones I believe have a pressure switch for 3rd as well. Might be possible to utilize those signal directly from the transmission and make it work for tcc lock up if ecu does not try to put transmission in limp mode because of other information missing.